Join now - be part of our community!

XL 201 bypass for PS3 using optical input/ouput?

profile.country.GB.title
phimach
New

XL 201 bypass for PS3 using optical input/ouput?

hi all

wonder if anybody can offer me some advice. i recently bought the "Sony DAV-DZ260 - 5.1 ch" which has both optical and coaxial input. however it doesn't seem to like it when you connect them both the same time.

at the moment my media center is connected through coaxial and PS3 is connected via optical. if i have the media center running and i switch the PS3 on, no sound will come through the PS3 unitl i either restart the media center or unplug it from the theater kit, and same goes for if the PS3 was switched on first. i would also need to unplug the PS3 cable if i wanted sound out of the media center.

i tried buying a splitter and connected both the PS3 and medeia center via optical but only the media center would send sound through if both were running at the same time.

i also then tried connecting the PS3 optical output into the media center input, then the optical output from the media center into the optical input of the theater kit hoping the PS3 sound would "piggy back" through the media center to the theater kit, but unfortunatly this has now worked.

any ideas how i can run them the same time without pulling out the cable on them?

thanks

Phil

0 REPLIES 0