Join now - be part of our community!

XL-201 TV red button/teletext

Starfab
Visitor

XL-201 TV red button/teletext

Hi

Just recently bought my XL-201 - but nothing happens when I use red button or text button on remote. Please help.

Many thanks

Fiona

PS Very irritating that there's only one TV tuner as when I read up about the Media Centre software, it was it's ability to record while watching another channel that attracted me.

5 REPLIES 5
flapjacks
Visitor

I've encountered the same problem with my new VGN-AR31M. Did you manage to solve the problem?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Starfab & Hi flapjacks

Welcome to Club Vaio.

I'm not absolutely sure about this but I don't think the 'Red Button' functions in DVB work with the Media Centre software.

The Teletext will only work with the old Analogue TV Channels - DVB channels don't carry Teletext.

It seems like Catch 22 at the moment - you have a hybrid TV card that supports both DVB and Analogue TV. You need the Analogue side so your AV Analogue inputs will work but you can't use both tuners at once in Media Centre. In time you may wish to add another TV Card to give you the ability to watch and record different programs.

:slight_frown:

kevpuk
Visitor

It is, unfortunately, true that DVB cards do not supply Teletext in MCE - this is down to MCE itself, as there are DVB cards that now support (MHEG etc.) text.

Adding a 2nd (or 3rd :D) Tuner card can greatly enhance the MCE experience, I immediately added a Dual DVB-T card to the spare PCI slot in my new XL201 and now have 3 DVB tuners available to MCE (please note that MCE natively supports only 2 and some registry diggin' is needed to get all 3 working in tandem)

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi kevpuk

Welcome to Club Vaio and thanks for the information.

Hang about - we get lots of XL queries here!!!

:slight_smile:

kevpuk
Visitor

Hi kevpuk 

Welcome to Club Vaio and thanks for the information.

Hang about - we get lots of XL queries here!!!

:slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile:

Will do, although not sure I am an XL expert.... :smileyblush: ....but do know a thing or 2 about MCE builds and PCs in general - glad to help out where I can :smileygrin: