Join now - be part of our community!

XP Downgrade SR19XN

shak008
Visitor

XP Downgrade SR19XN

:thinking:

I have just got a SR19XN and decided to downgrade to XP and followed the instructions from the XP downgrade CD. I have double clicked the setup file from recovery disc XP_downgrade folder and then logged onto Vaio-link.com for all the other XP drivers for this model using the Sony XP assistant, I think there are 31 modules but it is taking ages , I have my ethernet cable conected to my virgin broadband and is still so slow. The download speed is varying between 48/15kbs!!

Also I had to re-do the XP install as the first time you do it after Vista you cannot change the partitions and I had already loaded the additional drivers, but when I did the second time to partion the drives I must have lost all my drivers hence I am having to download them again but this time I have chose option C to download and write them to a CD hence I will have a hard copy of them !

Has anyone had bad experiences or any hints on getting this done quicker?

Help much appreciated plus with the search facility being removed from this site its hard to locate any useful info.

thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi shak008,

unfortunately it seems the speed of Sony FTP varies all I can suggest is either leave the download to run or try again later.. :slight_frown: