Join now - be part of our community!

XP HE -> XP PRO : how to recover my VAIO softs ?

Dam@Paris
Visitor

XP HE -> XP PRO : how to recover my VAIO softs ?

Hello All !
I have a VGNFS115Z with XP Home Edition. I want to change it to XP Pro. How may I reinstall just the different origin softwares (ie sonic recordnow!, vaio launcher, etc.) after the installation of my new Windows ? thanks for your answers... Bye Dam :slight_smile:

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Dam,

It is not an easy process as the Sony software is designed to work with the original OEM version of XP Home.

Unless you really know what you are doing, I would advise against this upgrade unless you need XP Pro for joining a work domain. There are no speed or other big advantages to using XP Pro unless you are a 'status' person.

If you need to do it, have a look at THIS THREAD by philfree .

:wink:

holla
Visitor

you can install xp prf but you need an upgrade key...
if you put in the xp prof cd whlie running xp home you will be asked, if you want to upgrade... klick yes and it will beginn an keep the sony programms of the home version. If you have upgradedyour system you should make an image of this new version to be able to back it up again...
i heard about some problems while upgrading so that i gave up the idea to keep the sony programms... i installed the prof version complete without the sony programms...

Dam@Paris
Visitor

hello, thanks for your posts. :heart_eyes:
I really need of xp pro for my work. I bought a true license. And I wish to install this software from the Microsoft cd. If I cannot get back softs, so worse, I shall install others softwares. But one question : Sony sells us these software with the computer, would not it be logical that they restore me softwares if I decide to change Windows? Second thing : on the reinstall DVD, is not it possible to select just the software? thanxx Dam

SpySect
Visitor

If you have the recovery DVDs. Insert Disc 2 (Applications Recovery) into the computer on Windows XP Professional. It works on mine, so I would know if it will work on yours.

Dam@Paris
Visitor

If you have the recovery DVDs.  Insert Disc 2 (Applications Recovery)
Hello SpySect. I built my own recovery disc and I have only one. Could you precise ? thanks. Dam

SpySect
Visitor

Oh I have 2 DVDs on my laptop.

One DVD says 'System Recovery'
Another DVD says 'Application Recovery'

But my laptop is FE21S. Maybe your Application Recovery is in one disc?