Join now - be part of our community!

Music Skipping on Windows Vista?

SpySect
Visitor

Music Skipping on Windows Vista?

Hi, I have a FE21S running Windows Vista.

Towards the end of a song, all songs played in Windows Media Player, it starts to skip. It only skips for a second or 2. It kind of feels like it's prefetching the next song and that's what's causing but I wouldn't know how to turn that off.

Anyway, anyone have this problem in Vista with WMP11?

(Tried another player. Files work fine, I have aero enabled and I have no other proggys except for AV and whatever else starts up in the background running. I'm not switching back to Itunes, Itunes is great on XP but horribly slow and clunky looking in Vista. Can't really think of anything else I haven't tried but will probably try.)

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I don't have vista installed but have you tried listening to your songs with the Av disabled..?

SpySect
Visitor

Yes I did. I have disabled Avast Antivirus as well and problem still persists. However other Media Players on Vista do not have this problem. 😞

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Have you tried turning down Hardware Acceleration by a notch or two?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
SpySect
Visitor

How?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Assuming that Vista is similar to XP then – right click a blank area of desktop and select Properties (which will take you to display properties) > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot > Hardware Acceleration…

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

How?

I somehow knew we would start to get the difficult questions Rich!

:smileyrolling_eyes:

SpySect
Visitor

Tried that same problem.

On WMP11, there is a long delay when changing songs showing 'Media Changing' in the Status Bar.

On other Media players (Winamp, Nero Showtime), changing song has no delays.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

How?

I somehow knew we would start to get the difficult questions Rich!

:smileyrolling_eyes:

What I don't understand is why people are blindly rushing to install vista...???

SpySect
Visitor

Excuse me, sorry to burst your bubble but I was an official tester for Microsoft and they've sent me a copy of Windows Vista so that's why I've installed it. Previous Beta Versions worked normally with no music skips.

So now I'm bak on Windows XP Media Center. Another question, in System Properities it says Media Center Version 2002.

The specs said Media Center 2005.

How?