Join now - be part of our community!

Yes, I did it! I've deleted the recovery partition

CarlJanssen
Visitor

Yes, I did it! I've deleted the recovery partition

I've accidentially deleted the recovery partition of my Vaio A215M. That's not a real big problem, as I've installed my own Windows, but I would like to have this recovery partition for the future. Is there any A215M user who wants to help me by writing this partition on a DVD and send it to me? I will pay all the costs, of course.

Btw, I don't understand why they put this recovery stuff on a (hidden) partition these days, instead of writing it on a couple of CD's/DVD. It uses a lot of your harddisk space.

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Nah you're right TT, they need to know how to back it up, and elete if needed.

It's the least Sony could do, but oh no, why do work when we have VAIO-Masters?

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

It's the least Sony could do, but oh no, why do work when we have VAIO-Masters?

True, they seem to RELY on us too much...:smileysad:

CarlJanssen
Visitor

I believe that after starting Windows for the first time, the user is immediately prompted to create their recovery disk set.

Correct!

Excuse me, but not correct. I didn't see any notice.

However, I'm not blaming Sony because I made the mistake. I was just wondering why they put it on a hidden partition instead of a DVD.

Main question is: would somenone with an A215M be so kind to help me? We could handle it in private, if necessary.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

However, I'm not blaming Sony because I made the mistake. I was just wondering why they put it on a hidden partition instead of a DVD.

To "save" the environment amongst other things. It does NOT save the environment at all...

Doubt Sony will give you a replacement but ring them and find out. Click the VAIO-Link below to get the phone number. Hopefully another A215M user can help you, I can't...

Excuse me, but not correct. I didn't see any notice.

This is generally an exception to the rule in the three machines I saw, but maybe its a Windows XP thing - not all of its popups work...

kee-lo_

However, I'm not blaming Sony because I made the mistake.  I was just wondering why they put it on a hidden partition instead of a DVD.

Because they're idiots!

robpaxton
Explorer

Most people here don't like the recovery partition system either.

The bad news is that you will probably have to pay for a recovery DVD if you want it - either that, or you will have to send the computer in to have the drive re-imaged.

kee-lo_

Hopefully as you live in the same country as Sony's HQ they won't charge you a bomb to get a new DVD disk