Join now - be part of our community!

z1sp sudden noise, possibly fan?

paradoxchild
Visitor

z1sp sudden noise, possibly fan?

hello, over the last week or so my z1sp has started making a noise when (im assuming) the fan speeds up. its not a screech but more of a chug. a bit like a trail bike motor at low rev if that helps lol

its not a constant noise so i can only assume it is linked to the fan. how do i go about cleaning inside my notebook though? there is only a small vent on the underneath. is there a safe way to open it to see if it is clogged with dust? or dont you do that with laptops.

any tips?

thanks

james

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there!

The first course of action I would suggest would be to download MobileMeter to check cpu temperature as there is a possibility that your cooling vents or fan are partially clogged.

Secondly you could try clearing dust and debris from the vents with judicious use of compressed air from a safe distance as too close can damage your fan.

Hope this helps.

mobilemeter

paradoxchild
Visitor

ok thanks ill download that.

i have a set of computer adaptions for our hoover...would they still be too powerful?? there are some small nozzles /brushes

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Always be carefull when thinking about using the hoover. Officially they're frowned on, due to static electricity issues.

I've used one on my desktop, but I can't really advise you on doing the same on your 'slim' notebook. Its your call.

paradoxchild
Visitor

hello. i downloaded mobilemeter and cpu temp (so far) has been around 48-51c..which doesnt seem too bad ??? ive not done the hoover , but i havnt any compressed air either.

paradoxchild
Visitor

hmm it went from 48 to 62 when i left it idle!!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Try Maplins tomorrow

paradoxchild
Visitor

Try Maplins tomorrow

for the compressed air?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yep