Join now - be part of our community!

Zone Alarm and their silly rules!!!!

Sabi
Visitor

Zone Alarm and their silly rules!!!!

Hi;

I bought ZA Security Suite software and installed it in my PC and laptop.
I follow the same path for registration (same name, same Licence number etc.) However to access some web sites from the laptop has become difficult if not impossible!

I checked in "program control" and ticked all the third parties relating to those sites, but I still can not access them even for Zone Alarm own web site (for update etc.)!

So I got in touch with Zone Labs tech support and was told that "I am not allowed to register the same software twice in different computers!!!!" In another word one has to buy individual software¿s for each computer they own!!

Has anyone experienced this before and had find a way around it? Because I don't think everyone is rich enough to follow those rules!!

Thanks for your help

Sabi

7 REPLIES 7
TygerTyger
Visitor

Unfortunately, that is the rule for more or less any piece of software you will buy. As software more and more has a tendency to send off data about your usage of it, then the less and less likely it is that there will be a way around it.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Now I know, why I'm not a fan of ZoneAlarm.:smileythinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

OMG that was dangerous asking them that..... hopefully they accepted you didn't know.

Yeah you have to buy a two user licence copy, this is why I use the free edition, excellent software.

The 5 user edition costs a fortune too!

HITS-UK
Visitor

This is another sad case of reading the EULA (End User License Agreement) which so many don't do. Some software manufacturers allow PC and Laptop installations of the same software on the premise that you can only use one at a time. Others such as security and anti-virus are licensed on a per-machine basis.

You may not agree with it, but that's the facts!

kee-lo_

EULAs are ridicously long and sometimes the language isn't simple for non-IT users.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Or the EULAs are not translated.:smileyrolling_eyes:

kee-lo_

Or translated poorly bu underpaid interns