Join now - be part of our community!

Can I run my car stereo CDX-DAB6650 after the ignition is turned off?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ketwyfo
Visitor

Can I run my car stereo CDX-DAB6650 after the ignition is turned off?

When I turn my car off it turns my car stereo (CDX-DAB6650) off too.  On my old Kenwood you could override this by holding the "Off" button for a couple of seconds and then the unit turned back on for about 30 minutes.  Can you also do this with the Sony CDX-DAB6650 after the ignition is turned off or is it not possible?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bigjohnd
Visitor

ketwyfo wrote:

When I turn my car off it turns my car stereo (CDX-DAB6650) off too.  On my old Kenwood you could override this by holding the "Off" button for a couple of seconds and then the unit turned back on for about 30 minutes.  Can you also do this with the Sony CDX-DAB6650 after the ignition is turned off or is it not possible?

Yes, you can.

In the wiring harness from the back of the Sony to the standard ISO connector, you will see bullet connector in the red and yellow leads.

These can be interchanged so that the radio switches on and off independently of the ignition.

Details on the second page, bottom right, of the installation instructions.

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2588945111.pdf

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bigjohnd
Visitor

ketwyfo wrote:

Yes, you can.

In the wiring harness from the back of the Sony to the standard ISO connector, you will see bullet connector in the red and yellow leads.

These can be interchanged so that the radio switches on and off independently of the ignition.

Details on the second page, bottom right, of the installation instructions.

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2588945111.pdf