Join now - be part of our community!

hi guys how do i recevie calls & make them on a mex-bt3800

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
yingyang74
Visitor

hi guys how do i recevie calls & make them on a mex-bt3800

i've not long purchased a mex bt3800u 7 & had it installed i running my i phone 3g on it & also purchased a external mic for it a xa-mc10 & pulled out the stereo to plu in the mic but discoverd there's no mic input & no where for the mic to go in to please help thxs.?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi yingyang74,

Assuming that you have successfully paired your phone with the BT3800 and you have them connected, to receive a call you just press the round volume control when the ringing tone sounds.  You end the call by pressing the same button again.

To make calls, on the BT3800 you can only do last number redial on the unit itself.  You do this by pressing the 'SOURCE' button until "BT PHONE" appears on the display and then you press and hold the round volume control for 2-3 seconds.

As far as the microphone is concerned, there is one built in (under the front panel in the top right hand corner).  You can switch the sensitivity of the built-in mic between high and low by pressing the preset 5 button while you're on a call (so you may not need an external mic).

If you do want to use the external mic, then I found a link on Sony's support website to the installation sheet which illustrates where you should be able to connect it:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4158430312.pdf

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi yingyang74,

Assuming that you have successfully paired your phone with the BT3800 and you have them connected, to receive a call you just press the round volume control when the ringing tone sounds.  You end the call by pressing the same button again.

To make calls, on the BT3800 you can only do last number redial on the unit itself.  You do this by pressing the 'SOURCE' button until "BT PHONE" appears on the display and then you press and hold the round volume control for 2-3 seconds.

As far as the microphone is concerned, there is one built in (under the front panel in the top right hand corner).  You can switch the sensitivity of the built-in mic between high and low by pressing the preset 5 button while you're on a call (so you may not need an external mic).

If you do want to use the external mic, then I found a link on Sony's support website to the installation sheet which illustrates where you should be able to connect it:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4158430312.pdf

Hope this helps.