Join now - be part of our community!

CDX-GT35U will not turn off

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
MarcusNorton
Visitor

CDX-GT35U will not turn off

Hi there, Ive just fitted the above car stereo in my van Peugeot Partner 2004.

All the settings are saved when i manually turn the stareo off so i know the red/yellow wires are the right way round. The problem starts when i turn the ignition off the radio stays on for a minute or so.....

Any ideas ?

Regards

Marcus.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi Marcus,

I would still suspect this is something to do with the way the red and yellow wires are connected.  The reason I think this is that if you turn the unit on and off manually i.e. with its own power button then this does not alter what power supply is coming down the red and yellow wires from your van.  When you turn the ignition off however then one of the power wires usually goes dead.  If you have the red and yellow the wrong way round then this is what causes settings to be lost etc.  Assuming that your van does have both a switched 12 volt feed (usually on the red wire) as well as the permanent 12 volt feed (usually the yellow wire), then I would say that it is still worthwhile trying swapping these wires round (as lots of vehicles differ in terms of which way round these are connected).

There is a connector part way along both the red and yellow wires to your stereo that are provided to enable you to switch these two wires round - you can't do any harm but definitely worth a try to see if this resolves your problem - although as I say this does all depend on whether your van does have a switched as well as a permanent feed - which not all vehicles do - some only have a permanent feed.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi Marcus,

I would still suspect this is something to do with the way the red and yellow wires are connected.  The reason I think this is that if you turn the unit on and off manually i.e. with its own power button then this does not alter what power supply is coming down the red and yellow wires from your van.  When you turn the ignition off however then one of the power wires usually goes dead.  If you have the red and yellow the wrong way round then this is what causes settings to be lost etc.  Assuming that your van does have both a switched 12 volt feed (usually on the red wire) as well as the permanent 12 volt feed (usually the yellow wire), then I would say that it is still worthwhile trying swapping these wires round (as lots of vehicles differ in terms of which way round these are connected).

There is a connector part way along both the red and yellow wires to your stereo that are provided to enable you to switch these two wires round - you can't do any harm but definitely worth a try to see if this resolves your problem - although as I say this does all depend on whether your van does have a switched as well as a permanent feed - which not all vehicles do - some only have a permanent feed.

Hope this helps.