Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-A15 cannot play playlists

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mohan111
Explorer

NWZ-A15 cannot play playlists

MediaCo creates the playlists as .m3u8 files. I copied this file into the Music folder and also into a created Playlists folder in the Music folder and in another created (was non-existent) Playlists folder (at the same level as the Music folder), The playlist shows on the NWZ-A15. However clicking it results in a message "No songs available for playback. Please connect to compliant software or device and transfer songs". Transferring a playlist through MediaGo following the instructions in the user manual results in the individual songs being tranferred to the NWZ-A15 rather than the playlist containing the songs. (In the cheaper NWZ-E585, I could create playlists easily by right clicking a music file in the NWZ-E585 and selecting create playlist. This resulted in a .pla playlist to which more files could be added by drag and drop. However right clicking a music file in the A15 does not give the option to create a playlist.)

If anybody has succeeded in creating playlists (not bookmarks) in the NWZ-A15, I should be grateful if you woud describe how you did it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
mohan111
Explorer

Have found a way to create playlists that appear in "playlists" on A15 and play as such:

1. Open Media Go.
  2. Click New Playlist at the bottom left and name the playlist in the box that opens.
  3. Drag and drop files from your computer into the new playlist.
  4. A tick mark will appear next to each song.
  5. Connect A15 to your computer.
  6. In Media Go, at the bottom right, click Add Playlist To WALKMAN NWZ-A10...
  7. Disconnect A15.
  8. Select Music>Playlists and play the songs.

To add more songs to the playlist:

1. Open Media Go.Drag and drop files from your computer into the playlist.
    2. Connect A15 to your computer.
    3. In Media Go, at the bottom right, click Add Playlist To WALKMAN NWZ-A10... (Might take a few seconds for the transfer to start and then a tick mark appears nex to eac song as it is transferred.)
    4. Disconnect A15.
    5. Select Music>Playlists and play the songs

Mote that the playlists are stored as m3u in the root of MUSIC folder in the A15 (not in a separate playlist folder.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
mohan111
Explorer

Have found a way to create playlists that appear in "playlists" on A15 and play as such:

1. Open Media Go.
  2. Click New Playlist at the bottom left and name the playlist in the box that opens.
  3. Drag and drop files from your computer into the new playlist.
  4. A tick mark will appear next to each song.
  5. Connect A15 to your computer.
  6. In Media Go, at the bottom right, click Add Playlist To WALKMAN NWZ-A10...
  7. Disconnect A15.
  8. Select Music>Playlists and play the songs.

To add more songs to the playlist:

1. Open Media Go.Drag and drop files from your computer into the playlist.
    2. Connect A15 to your computer.
    3. In Media Go, at the bottom right, click Add Playlist To WALKMAN NWZ-A10... (Might take a few seconds for the transfer to start and then a tick mark appears nex to eac song as it is transferred.)
    4. Disconnect A15.
    5. Select Music>Playlists and play the songs

Mote that the playlists are stored as m3u in the root of MUSIC folder in the A15 (not in a separate playlist folder.)

Budgie
New

Problem not quite solved. My music collection is in folders by genre stored in system memory and on SD Card to achive required capacity. My playlist use relative addresses in .m3u files and if placed in MUSIC directory in system memory the lists which refer to genres which are on SD Card cannot be seen so I get an error message. What is the underlying directory structure for device and how and where is SD Card mounted wrt root?