Join now - be part of our community!

srs-x55

SOLVED
ruatana
New

srs-x55

Hi, i have SRS-X55 speaker and let it chare for about 12 hours. After that the speaker shows low power and even after I press the reset botton, the battery is not charging. Can you guys help me to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Toolmak3r
Explorer

Hi,today they called me and told me the bad think that the proccesor it the problem ...50 box wasted on the wind thanks guys for your help

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Toolmak3r
Explorer

Hello,i have the almost exact problem but when i plug my AC to the device it shutsdown.Anyone can help?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Toolmak3r and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

There could be a few possible causes for the battery not charging etc.

Firstly have you tried a reset on the speaker?

speaker.jpg

Here's the link

If so then have you checked your ac power unit and the cable? Its possible they may have to be replaced.

If the ac is fine then I'm sorry to say you will probably have to return the item if in warranty or seek a repair.

cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Faffmeister
Explorer

Hi there,

i have same issue and have sent my product for repairs with Sony uk

they state that they don't have parts to fix and offered a poor replacement. Namely the srs zr5 which is not portable and has to be plugged into mains at all times. Also it is not a stereo speaker nor is it hi res.

their only other solution is to offer a refund. This is unacceptable as the product is being sold still in Sony centre stores around the UK  ( PLEASE NOTE THAT SONY CENTRE STORES ARE A FRANCHISE AND NOT A PART OF THE SONY COMPANY!)

Please also note that their are NO official Sony stores either online or in the real world!

so in short Sony can't simply replace all products...not much of a warranty huh?

if your in my position in the uk then contact Sony customer relations and ask for the issue to be escalated. The repair centre will not help. I am disgusted and regret buying many products now ( I own a z3+ phone, some expensive extra bass Bluetooth headphones and a Bravia tv) 

they will offer a refund, not good enough and not compliant with the Consumer Rights Act 2015

best of luck with your issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Faffmeister
Explorer

There is apparently another reset procedure too. Hold power button and volume minus button simultaneously for 7 seconds, neither worked for me but I hope it does for you. Unlikely as I fear a faulty battery is the issue but I must admit to having zero technical knowledge.

good luck and please check my other post regarding my repair centre experience with the same issue

😔

Toolmak3r
Explorer

Thanks for your answer,but no that did not helped me.Instantly when i plug it to the wall socket 220v it will shutdown and then after 10-20 min it will power up.I don't have any warranty i bought it from ebay.

I have tried many times the reset button no help.

Only when i hold the power button for while it will power up after the AC been plugged.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I hate to say this, but its probably a hardware failure - are you able to get a refund via Ebay's refund/complaints process?

Cheers

Toolmak3r
Explorer

Hi,thats the problem i miss read it wrong it was listed for parts...i just wont to find what is causing the hardware failure.I'm thinking about the AC and battery fault.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You might have to take this on the chin and put it to one of lifes little lessons im afraid.  Ive tried to find the service manual for this for you, but unfortunately I cannot find it.

I have found this though:

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Sony_SRS-X55

Thats all I can do im afraid.

Cheers

Toolmak3r
Explorer

Thanks for your help,tommorrow i will take it to sony center its 100km away from me but...I will try my luck its like 30% chance cuz i know what they will say to me...Regards

thanks again mate