Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman NW-A45 Song Limit

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
pettjon

Walkman NW-A45 Song Limit

According to Curry's the NW-A35 has limit on 15,000 songs and this is the only time I have ever seen this mentioned.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-and-headphones/audio/ipods-and-mp3-players/sony-nw-a35-hi-res-wa...

What is the maximum number of songs the new NW-A45 can hold or can it take full advantage of the very large memory cards out now which can hold a lot more than 15,000 songs?

Thanks

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
pettjon

Thanks Pascale_F, 

Sony Support say the limit is 20,000 songs.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi pettjon, 

Welcome to the community. 

The NW-A45 Walkman with High-Resolution Audio has 16GB of built-in memory, but you can add more by using a Micro SD card. It says on the Sony website that a Micro SD card is not included and that availability of different built-in memory sizes is dependent on region/country. 

Regarding the size of the memory card it will take, and the maximum number of songs it will hold, it's best to contact Sony Support about this. 

Hope this helps,

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
wrangle60

Hi,

I bought mine in Singapore in November and the guy in the Sony centre where I bought it said the max micro SD card it would take is 128GB which I bought and its working fine. I only have about 10000 songs on the card so can't help with any limit.

Harry

profile.country.GB.title
pettjon

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately I think you were misinformed going by this link describing the older NW-A35

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/137929/~/what-is-the-maximum-sto...

profile.country.GB.title
pettjon

Thanks Pascale_F, 

Sony Support say the limit is 20,000 songs.

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Jon, 

Okay, thanks for updating the thread. 

Best wishes, 
Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Wozrokka666
New

Hi Peoples!

Just bought mine to replace absurdly difficult Cowon Plenue D. I wonder if that limit is set in regard to purely number of songs, or size of files, or length of tracks, time wise? I listen to everything from Ambient to Classical to Trip Hop, and all kinds of Rock, some stuff can be 50/60mb, in ALAC, FLAC, DSD, and some in lowly 320 MP3, I would splash the cash for a 256GB card, but, it looks like a 128 will have to do, Unless anyone can advise that they have no issues with a bigger card? I will use mostly with wired Headphones, either B&W P5's or Beyer T70P, any opinions, I also have HiFiman HE 400's for serious home listening. Grateful for any and all tips, recommendations, assists with software, creating playlists etc. Was commited Ipod user for many years, till hard drives became unreliable, yadda, so have been ingrained with Itunes as carrier, and for making playlists, but on windows PC's Laptops. Have little experience of Sony mobile phone music player software, but always had some snags. Would anyone have any recommendations regarding other software, or do I need to perservere with Sony proprietry software. Also are there any pitfalls regarding formatting of SD Micro cards?

Thanks, in advance for any wisdom! Woz

profile.country.GB.title
pettjon

Hi

Hi have a 256gb card formatted using the Walkman and have no problems with the 25000+ songs.

I too have an iPod which has a good interface and music synchronization. Unfortunately the  Sony PC software has no synchronization concept as far as I could see and crashes with Japanese messages randomly/sometimes when putting music on the Walkman (card inserted in it.)

I now put music on the card directly via my PC card reader and then insert into the Walkman.

Everytime you switch on the Walkman it loads music into it's database from the SD card which takes a few minutes so new music gets loaded this way.

Hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
Big_Mac
Explorer

Hey pettjon!

What brand 256GB micro SD card did you use? I formatted a higher qulity SanDisk in the player; switched the card to the PC and loaded 115 GB of music on the microSD card usng Music Center. When I put it in the player, it showed as having 115 GB used on it, but none of FLAC music was visible. I was able to take the 256 GB card and put it in my wife's Pioneer payer and it saw everythg.  I have heard only a Sony card will work in the Walkman? What do you have? 

profile.country.GB.title
Big_Mac
Explorer

Did you ever get a 256 GB solution for your A45 Walkman? I currenty have the same struggle.  If so, what card did you use?