Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 Fast Charger

compyy
Explorer

WH-1000XM3 Fast Charger

Hello,

I just bought WH-1000XM3 3 days ago. I am having strange issue if i try to charge WH-1000XM3 with Samsung or OnePlus 6T fast charger, it doesnt charge (Red light turns on and then turns off after 10 seconds) i have to connect it to my PC only to charge? why is that so? it should be fine with my mobile charger ??

Yasir

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @compyy and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

You should be able to use a phone charger etc, the manual for your headphones

shows to connect them to a wall socket.

This may sound a silly question, but are they fully charged already?

The red light going off after 10 seconds can mean they are charged.

It can also mean it just doesn't like those chargers.

If they arent charged and you can try charging via PC then at least

we can rule out a headphone problem.

compyy
Explorer

Hello,

No, that was my confusion as well, i charge it completely with PC first time, and then i was using my Dash Charger for charging and RED light used to turn off very quick and i was thinking that its Fast charging thats why it charges full but then during my Skype call the headset turned off with low battery indication, i was surprised and thats when i found out that it doesnt charge when connected to oneplus charger or Samsung fast charger.

I read online that XM2 can only be charged with PC, but XM3 was supposed to be charged with AC unit, either its a bug or doesnt support fast chargers ?

Regards,

Yasir Ashfaque

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again :slight_smile:

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yeah I'm guessing its the fast charge element that could be causing the problem.

Hopefully another member may be able to shed some light on this

if they have fast charge or non Sony chargers.

profile.country.GB.title
Bigmick777

I have a Huwaei fast charger and same thing happens.  If I use a normal phone charger then it charges ok - I've swapped the USBs over to prove its not the cable.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Cheers for the info @Bigmick777 :beers:

profile.country.GB.title
scpritc
New

Mine did this too, red light for a few seconds then off, and this was using the supplied cable. I tried another (longer and better) cable and it worked. Proven by trying each cable in different outlets.

profile.country.GB.title
Aleksunn

This cable only for 1+, this is not simple cable) dont try use it.

profile.country.GB.title
mir.muneem
Explorer

I encountered the same problem. :expressionless:

profile.country.GB.title
Fontmeister

No problems here but I only got my WH-1000M3 headphones yesterday, I updated the firmware straight out of the box and had 50% when finished, then I connected to my Huawei P20 fast charger and the red light stayed on whilst charging until finished and the headphones state 100%