Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 Fast Charger

compyy
Explorer

WH-1000XM3 Fast Charger

Hello,

I just bought WH-1000XM3 3 days ago. I am having strange issue if i try to charge WH-1000XM3 with Samsung or OnePlus 6T fast charger, it doesnt charge (Red light turns on and then turns off after 10 seconds) i have to connect it to my PC only to charge? why is that so? it should be fine with my mobile charger ??

Yasir

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
scpritc
New

Using the supplied cable, because that seems to be the issue?

---------- Scott
profile.country.GB.title
Wingchaser
New

I also own the OnePlus fast charging adapter. Theres no problem with the wire. It's just the adapter itself. In fact the headphone fastcharges on anything that is not a fast charging adapter. I did have the same problem you had. But then I changed to a HTC adapter which worked perfectly fine. It just maybe that the Samsung and OnePlus which are the most powerful fast chargers around are too high of a voltage for the headphones so it rejects it. 

I recommend using an average adapter and try not to make it a "fast charging" one.

profile.country.GB.title
Par134
Explorer

Hi!, was there any real solution to this? I also encountered this problem. Used to charge it with the charger for my iPad Pro, one for regular ipad and also with my samsung charger for samsung S7 and with USB-charger for lenovo surfpad. Also with general USB-charger for lights to my bike. I went by the guidence in the information given with the Headphones and downloadable guide from Sony, according to which mentioned ones qualified.

But now it seems random, from my Mac computer it seems to charge fine. But from mentioned USB chargers it gives red light for a few seconds and then goes of and no charging occurs. It behaved like this, but then suddenly it was ok and got fully charged a couple of weeks ago. And now it’s the same, It worked on one occasion, but mostly it doesn’t, but with the computer it seems fine.

But I cant bring my stationary around, so what to do?

profile.country.GB.title
clydebest
Explorer

Same with mine had it not charging for hours with a One Plus 6T charger... as with others Red Light comes on then after a few seconds it goes out .. plugged into Desktop and it charges .. found a old USB adapter and it works fine but .. strange the Sony Adapter is fast charging.

profile.country.GB.title
stulou
New

Only chargers rated between 5V / 0.5A - 5V / 1.5A will charge the headphones safely and efficiently. I have the OnePlus 7T Pro and the charger is rated 5v / 6A. I wouldn't use that to charge another phone let alone these headphones. 

profile.country.GB.title
Par134
Explorer

For sure 6A seems a bit high, but the manual states it requires an usb-adapter that can deliver 1.5A or more. 

profile.country.GB.title
stulou
New

The online Help Guide for them clearly states a USB AC Adapter of 0.5A (500 mA)

https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wf1000xm3/v1/en/contents/TP0002289867.html

However, I have read elsewhere that up to 1.5A was OK which is what I use and so far, so good

profile.country.GB.title
IcanFeelit
Explorer

According to this page https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wh1000xm3/v1/en/contents/TP0001703124.html :

"A commercially available USB AC adapter capable of supplying an output current of 1.5 A or more

(If the output current is less than 1.5 A, the charging time will increase, and the music playback time after 10 minutes of charging will decrease.)"

profile.country.GB.title
Fontmeister

One year later after my initial post I’m still using the same charger which takes about 1 1/2hrs from empty to a full charge, I have not had a single problem charging my XM3’s. My P20 Pro SuperCharge is rated at 5V 2A and/or 5V 4.5A.

3D1FBF0C-1323-4C7B-9E60-86C13714E38C.jpeg

Your link points to earbuds with a confusingly similar name (WF-1000XM3) so it looks like 1.5A+ after all.