Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM4 - Speak-to-chat feature automatic switching is not stable

profile.country.GB.title
GenericTool
New

WH-1000XM4 - Speak-to-chat feature automatic switching is not stable

Dear Customer Service

I bought my earphones last Friday and everything worked great out of the box. Mainly I mean the voice-to-chat feature. When I started speaking then earphones switched into the mode and I didn't have to manually switch off the ambient sound control. Fast-forward about a couple of hours when my phone prepared new firmware version and uploaded it to earphones the feature stopped working. 

From that moment I have not managed to get this function to work properly and stably: The problem is that earphones can't recognize when I'm speaking and won't turn ambient sound control down.

1. When I turned the feature on by holding two fingers on the touchpad, the button in the app did not toggle from on to off. It stayed on even when the lady in the earphones said this feature is turned off.

2. I could not get the feature active by starting to speak. I cleared app cash and data. I  made reset to the earphones and when I reconnected the earphones to my phone the feature worked a couple of times before it stopped working again. Now the button moves (in app) when I turn the feature on or off by holding two fingers on the touchpad.

3. The feature is in activated state but not working. Some times it works out of the blue. Other times it works for one time at the time when I open the app in my phone. After this the feature stops working again.

The serial code of my earphones is - 5929183 - and the firmware is - 2.0.7 - I don't know what firmware version was previously installed. My phone is Oneplus A5000 and android version is 10.0.1.

Best regards!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this experience. I'll pass it to the engineers for further investigation.

Please raise a ticket to customer support as well by contacting the Sony hotline.

Cheers

Peter