Join now - be part of our community!

wh1000-xm3 - not recognised as headphones on PC

wh1000-xm3 - not recognised as headphones on PC

Hi , following recent windows 10 update my headphones are no longer recognised as a playback device. Instead they show as 'other device' with the phone/screen icon. This means I cannot use them with my PC . They work fine on my android phone. I have tried to get assistance via customer services but they just say that because I am connecting via a bluetooth adaptor that they can't guarantee that they function . The headphones worked fine on an old version of windows 10, which suggests some incompatability in relation to drivers or other software. Anyone else had a similar problem ?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Si1969
Explorer

Same issue here. Just connected my Windows 10 laptop (fully up to date) with my Sony WH1000-XM3 and although they connect, they do not connect as an audio device (just listed under other devices with a phone handset icon). As far as I'm aware my earbuds are fully up to date running v 2.3.0, with automatic downloads enabled.

Dnl984
New

Same here. Did you manage?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Try Windows problem solver.

Windows -> settings -> devices -> bluetooth

Start with removing devices.

It will come up with several options for your headphones, one just headphones and one headset with microphone.

Sony has published several helppages, maybe you can get some helpfull information here and here.