Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth mouse for Z4?

SOLVED
Alveoli
Visitor

Bluetooth mouse for Z4?

I'd like to use a wireless mouse with my beautiful Z4, without using the OTG cable.

Anybody know if this is possible and if they have done it?

What brand/model of mouse would you recommend that works? I am guessing it has to be a Bluetooth mouse?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drlmiles1
Contributor

If you plug in the USB dongle via the OTG cable, a standard USB wireless mouse works well, but I have just tested an old Motorola Bluetooth mouse, which paired quickly and works fine. Bluetooth mice tend to be more expensive than USB mice, though...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
drlmiles1
Contributor

If you plug in the USB dongle via the OTG cable, a standard USB wireless mouse works well, but I have just tested an old Motorola Bluetooth mouse, which paired quickly and works fine. Bluetooth mice tend to be more expensive than USB mice, though...

Alveoli
Visitor

Thank you so much for testing! Grinning_Face_with_smiling_Eyes

Now I can buy one happily.  I asked Sony support today and you won't believe how angry their answer made me (and how useless it was).

Use Bluetooth more expensive, but then we didn't buy the Z4 for it's value for money did we...!! Winking_Face  I'm still admiring it's good looks.

mode
Visitor

Not working for me. Currently typing on my Z4 Tablet with the BKB50 keyboard and my Arc bluetooth mouse connected but no cursor or any sign of navigational input from the mouse. Still on my touchpad. USB OTG extension with mouse works fine but I want to be able to charge the device or insert mass storage while I navigate with the mouse like a real workhorse computer. Any idea to push the usability of this device further Sony?

Tags (1)
dat
Visitor

I use a Logitech MX Anywhere 2, in bluetooth 4 mode (works also with a dongle) without any problem:

http://www.logitech.fr/fr-fr/product/mx-anywhere2

Alveoli
Visitor

Thanks, helpful! That's a beautiful mouse :smileysmileythumbsup: