Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot set up mail account

SOLVED
mytinfox
Visitor

Cannot set up mail account

I'm trying to add a new account to the tablets built in mail app.

I Enter user name, password, pop3 address, security (Ssl) and port. All are correct and used on other devices but when I hit NEXT system comes back with error message "Could not finish, User name or password incorrect."

Which is utter garbage, they are both correct.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam
Legend
Legend

Then that is odd as this implies that this error is being pushed to the phone by the server. In this case I would advise speaking with the email service provider as a first step to at least rule out an error on their end.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam
Legend
Legend

Does the error pop up straight away or does it appear to attempt to connect to the server before giving you this message?

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

mytinfox
Visitor

Attempts to connect first.

Sam
Legend
Legend

Then that is odd as this implies that this error is being pushed to the phone by the server. In this case I would advise speaking with the email service provider as a first step to at least rule out an error on their end.

mytinfox
Visitor

Aghhhhhhhhhh, yes, their instructions to me were wrong. Incorrect pop3 server.

All working now. Much appreciate your help.

Thanks