Join now - be part of our community!

Experia Tablet S - Which USB Hard Drives are comaptible?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
PenCroz
New

Experia Tablet S - Which USB Hard Drives are comaptible?

I have tried connecting a 40GB IDE(ATA) self powered hard drive through a UC3 USB cable but get a message indicating that the drive is corrupt. It is formated FAT32 and reads ok on my Vaio laptop. I had a similar message when the drive was formated NTFS. I have also connected USB interfaced pen/thumb drives a USB mouse, my Penatx compact camera and a SD card in a reader succesfuly.

Can anyone let me know if they have had success connecting a HDD and which one(s) they have used.

Not sure if its necessary but I have installed the USB Host Controller app.

Other than that issue I am having no success as a new kit wrecker!!!!!

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PenCroz
New

I have received a disappointing reply from Sony support which reading between the lines indicates that the Experia tablet (mine is a model SGPT122 GB/S) does not support HDDs with the UC3 cable. The link they have given me is:

HTTP://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/topics/solutions/124622

I am certain earlier info rregarding the specs for this cable indicated that connection with HDDs was possible if with a power limitation of 500mA. This statement does not appear to be on the Sony site now..................................

If anyone has any success connnecting HDDs please tell all!! In the meantime I will resort to 32GB USB pendrives which I have had success with.

David

Message was edited by: PenCroz

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PenCroz
New

I have received a disappointing reply from Sony support which reading between the lines indicates that the Experia tablet (mine is a model SGPT122 GB/S) does not support HDDs with the UC3 cable. The link they have given me is:

HTTP://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/topics/solutions/124622

I am certain earlier info rregarding the specs for this cable indicated that connection with HDDs was possible if with a power limitation of 500mA. This statement does not appear to be on the Sony site now..................................

If anyone has any success connnecting HDDs please tell all!! In the meantime I will resort to 32GB USB pendrives which I have had success with.

David

Message was edited by: PenCroz