Join now - be part of our community!

File Transfer

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
alwyatt81
Explorer

File Transfer

Hi

I have a new Sony HXV20 camera. When I put the SD card from the camera into my Tablet S and use File Transfer the photos transfer across ok but not the video. I know the video is there because I can watch it on the camera. But I canot even identify it in the File Tranfer mode.

Anyone got any ideas why this is not working? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: alwyatt81

PS have asked this question of the Tech Guys on this site twice but so far have not hyad a reply!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi alwyatt81,

The HXV20 uses AVCHD – .mts file format for video which is not recognised by the Tablet/Android OS.

You will need to convert the files to a supported format such as MPEG 4 before importing. I haven’t been down this route so suggest that you Google ‘Convert MTS to MPEG 4’.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi alwyatt81,

The HXV20 uses AVCHD – .mts file format for video which is not recognised by the Tablet/Android OS.

You will need to convert the files to a supported format such as MPEG 4 before importing. I haven’t been down this route so suggest that you Google ‘Convert MTS to MPEG 4’.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
alwyatt81
Explorer

Hi Rich

Thanks for the info'. Didn't consider different formats. Have used free program Leawo Video Converter and it worked. A bit long winded. Had to download files to PC, convert, reload to SD card then file transfer to Tablet!

Will try to figure out a slicker method.

Thanks again.

Al

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re welcome Al :slight_smile:

I haven’t looked but you may possibly find an app on Play Store that will recognise and play MTS file format direct from the SD card.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
mpattenden
New

Hi,

As Rich has suggested a search of google play will bring you 5 apps that say they'll play mts just search for 'mts player' or 'mts video player'

I can't recommend one as I don't have any mts format video.

hth

Padster

alwyatt81
Explorer

Hi Padster and Rich

Have found a free app (although it says free 7 day trial when you get it!) called VPlayer.

Works fine so far but to do more testing.

Thanks for input.

Al