Join now - be part of our community!

Google Apps not loading on ICS

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
smithson9846
Visitor

Google Apps not loading on ICS

Hi - seems to be a load of dicussion around similar topics here but i thought id ask if someone could help.  Ive bought a tablet S second hand which the previous owner says (and i have no cause to doubt him as there were some downloaded apps on there) was working fine - in the interest of wiping the tablet i performed a factory reset and commenced setup from scratch.

First thing that seems strange after doing some research is that on the setup when you get to the page that states set up google account to use google services (or words to that effect) there are no options i cannot proceed unless i check the box set up accounts later - once i d this things proceed as normal.  Then going to home settings accounts and sync there is no option in there for a google account all i have is corporate, email and sony entertainment network (ive synced corporate using my gmail account but this doesnt give you an option to add payment details for apps).

Next, going to apps and widgets there is no google play, just market and when you try to load this you get a blank white screen which momentarily says loading and then goes straight back to the apps and widgets page.  I get the same thing with the Gmail app, Videos, Talk, Ustream.

Ive tried clearing cache on these apps, and done several factory resets and keep getting the same scenario.  I cant load any apps (as i cant access the store) and as this is my first android machine i cant buy via my pc and transfer apps as i get google play (on the web) telling me ive not associated any devices with my account and i need to use the google play app on my device in the first instance - catch 22!

Sorry for the length of this (especially as my first post) but ive been tearing my hair out - any help gratefully appreciated.  Im attaching a video (sorry its upside down) showing what it does when you try and load the apps.

Im running ICS 4.0.3 (release 1a) Kernel Version 2.6.39.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
smithson9846
Visitor

well i finally have success - after a couple of months Sony picked up my tablet on monday whisked it away to their EU Repair Centre and ive got it back today working perfectly.  No idea what they did to it but all the google apps work now and it links to my google account.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Marksmithson,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

could you please supply an image of your tablet's Settings screen please.? ie Model, Android Version, Kernal Version, Build, etc.

Also could you let us know what model of Tablet S you have, you should be able to locate this on the back side of your tablet.?

RJJS11
Visitor

I'm having the same issue since the last system update to Release 1A.  4.0.3 worked fine.  My model is SGPT112CA/S.  And attached is my system settings screen.

IMG_2316.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
Chayton69
Explorer

for what it is worth, i have just compared your settings with mine (which works fine) and the only difference i can see is with the Build Number. my build number is TISU0R0100110. Don't know why or how you can fix if but hope that info is useful in someway. Also noticed from your video clip that you seem to have the old Android Market and not the Google Play store.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

Do you have a google account at all? if not, create one on a pc / laptop.

Can you go to Settings, Apps and do clear data and clear cache for Google Account Manager?

Same for the Market App.

After that, reboot the tablet.

After that, does it allow to update the market? Does it allow to set your google account?

If this does not work:

It could be that google had blocked (the mac adress) of your tablet, because of actions of the previous user.

You could try contacting them asking if such policy exists, and what is the policy to release it?

Did the previous owner De-associate the tablet from his account ? ? ? Contact the seller.

profile.country.fr_FR.title
massilia69
Visitor

hello,

from france ii got the same problem than all of you.

since release 1a ... no google store , gmail failed,  talk bug ,....

i look forward for  your solutions ...

marc

Leginsmith
Visitor

Hi I have the same problem. I have google play but it wont connect - says server error!! Also my Gmail andf Talk wont load and just flash on the screen or freeze on the screen.

Ive done all the suggestions on the internet but no good. Last night, last resoirt I contacted google and they haver passed my problem on to their techy team.

This is a real pain in the ****

I see on the internet that people with all kinds of tablets are having the same problems.

smithson9846
Visitor

Hi Thalamus - Thanks for the response the Model Number is SGPT112BG/S and im attaching a couple of photo's one of the settings page and the other of the add accounts/sync option where you can see there is no Google option.

Ive emailed the previous owner to ask if he has disaccoiated the laptop from his google account to see if that makes any difference.  In response to breedBenR there is no Google Account Manager in Settings and Apps - not sure if that helps point to what the problem is?

Thanks for the responses guys and look forward to any enlightenment! IMG_0247.jpgIMG_0248.jpg

profile.country.sv_SE.title
madbernie
Visitor

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem as you. It has nothing to do with you bying a previously used tablet. After the latest update it seems impossible to set up the google account. I have the same initial set up problem with no possibility to add an account. When I am trying to start Market/Play the application immediately stops. I tried to make a factory restore, but nothing helps. I am waiting for a fix/update, until then the tablet is useless.

smithson9846
Visitor

Hi MB interesting that your having the same fault - there seems to be a load of similar haults reported on the net around the same theme!  Have you been in contact with Sony and are they working on a fix  if so did they tell you how long this will be?  Ive been told that (after trying countless instructions to do a factory reset) that this has now been "escalated" to a higher technical team who will be in touch with me shortly!  Ive asked if the tablet can be flashed back to honeycomb so i can start again from there but ive not had a response to this.