Join now - be part of our community!

Google Apps not loading on ICS

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
smithson9846
Visitor

Google Apps not loading on ICS

Hi - seems to be a load of dicussion around similar topics here but i thought id ask if someone could help.  Ive bought a tablet S second hand which the previous owner says (and i have no cause to doubt him as there were some downloaded apps on there) was working fine - in the interest of wiping the tablet i performed a factory reset and commenced setup from scratch.

First thing that seems strange after doing some research is that on the setup when you get to the page that states set up google account to use google services (or words to that effect) there are no options i cannot proceed unless i check the box set up accounts later - once i d this things proceed as normal.  Then going to home settings accounts and sync there is no option in there for a google account all i have is corporate, email and sony entertainment network (ive synced corporate using my gmail account but this doesnt give you an option to add payment details for apps).

Next, going to apps and widgets there is no google play, just market and when you try to load this you get a blank white screen which momentarily says loading and then goes straight back to the apps and widgets page.  I get the same thing with the Gmail app, Videos, Talk, Ustream.

Ive tried clearing cache on these apps, and done several factory resets and keep getting the same scenario.  I cant load any apps (as i cant access the store) and as this is my first android machine i cant buy via my pc and transfer apps as i get google play (on the web) telling me ive not associated any devices with my account and i need to use the google play app on my device in the first instance - catch 22!

Sorry for the length of this (especially as my first post) but ive been tearing my hair out - any help gratefully appreciated.  Im attaching a video (sorry its upside down) showing what it does when you try and load the apps.

Im running ICS 4.0.3 (release 1a) Kernel Version 2.6.39.4

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.fr_FR.title
massilia69
Visitor

hi , again from France ,

sony also keeps in touch with me ,

and have forwarded our issue to their so called "technical team".

with no more information about the problem issue nor the time we are about to expect, i am afraid it will last for a while... today they were still asking me a screenshot of google play error !

keep in touch if any news

profile.country.sv_SE.title
madbernie
Visitor

Hi!

I reported the fault to Sony (Sweden) and they said that there wasn't any solution at the moment other then the factory reset. They suggested me to sent it in for service. I still have a valid warranty so I will go back to the store where it was bought.

Wish me good luck!

Message was edited by: madbernie

smithson9846
Visitor

Sony keep asking me to do the same thing over and over again - please do a reset, that will work (well numerous resets in its still not working) please register a new google account (err ive told you i cant register a google account!) - ive asked if i can send the tablet back to them (i bought mine second hand off ebay) but they are not even answering that question.  The customer service really isnt great - plus it seems to be one email a day they are prepared to send - they send an email i respond immediately then i have to wait another day for them to come back - why cant someone just take charge of it give me a call and lets sort it one way or another? - If i ran my business like this id have no customers!

Anyway bernie good luck - hope you get it sorted and keep us up to date.

M

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

smithson9846 wrote:

Next, going to apps and widgets there is no google play, just market and when you try to load this you get a blank white screen which momentarily says loading and then goes straight back to the apps and widgets page.  I get the same thing with the Gmail app, Videos, Talk, Ustream.

Hi,

can someone with the Play store issue try the following please.?

Touch Apps & Widgets..

Press & hold on the Play store icon until App info appears on the top of the screen.

Then without lifting your finger drag the icon to app info..

In the new screen you press on Force stop & confirm.

Then select uninstall updates and confirm & restart the tablet.. 

Then re-install Play store & updates..

If this fails to resolve the Play store problem please supply answers to the following -

What is the current icon now, ie "Market" or "Play store".?

If you get an exact error message when trying to access the store, what exactly does it state.?

Please provide a picture showing the error message if possible.?

If no error message is displayed does the the icon just flash and nothing happens.?

Are you having issues with any other Google apps? 

profile.country.nl_NL.title
pop1862
Visitor

Hi,

Same problem here. I tried just about everything but nothing helps, no updates, still old market, no device on website google play website.

Back to factory setting with ICS 3.0.4...nothing

Created other google accounts and tried them after factory reset...nothing

Google play http://www.theandroidsoul.com/download-google-play-apk-3-8-17 install  (won't work)

Tried different Wifi networks with strong connections...nothing

Contacted Sony for support but they are turning me in circles (referenced to this message)

Contacted Google for support no reply yet (referenced to this message)

Well i'm lost :neutral:

Willem

Tried the actions in above message. No updates, old market icon. Google market, gmail and talk won't work (as in the movie). No error message just a brief loading...

Message was edited by: pop1862

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the replies..

We have highlight this thread to our contacts in Sony to see if we can get an answer from them, if & when we get a reply we will post again..

smithson9846
Visitor

well i finally have success - after a couple of months Sony picked up my tablet on monday whisked it away to their EU Repair Centre and ive got it back today working perfectly.  No idea what they did to it but all the google apps work now and it links to my google account.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the update smithson9846, glad to hear your Tablet has finally been fixed..