Join now - be part of our community!

Guide : How to get the Playstation Store and games

profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Guide : How to get the Playstation Store and games

Right, this is just from running it so others may experience a slightly different scenario. I will sticky this for a few days.

1. If you have not been prompted for the Playstation Store download, ensure your wifi is switched on (unsure how it will function with mifi but should be the same), switch off your Tablet and then switch back on.

2. Once prompted, a Playstation controller will pop up in the bottom right next to the time. Tap it to start the download. Once complete, it will be in your "App drawer". Tap to open. You may be prompted to update the Account Manager if you have not done so already.

3. Few launch games are live and suppose more are to follow. Please read past this for possible answers. Ensure you have already registered for the Sony Entertainment Network, if not you can do this via the top right options. Go on it anyway and make sure you can log in, add funds to your wallet if you need to.

4. Go back and pick a launch title. If you get an error but you can log in, do not change password. You should notice that the funds have been taken out of your wallet but now the option to download said game is missing. Exit the app and then switch off your unit (force closing it might also do the trick) and switch back on.

5. Run the Playstation Store again and you should now see the "Download" option for said game. Download and wait for it to complete. Enjoy.

Now for the speculation so take with a pinch of salt.

1. Games purchased on the Playstation 3 Store will not function on the Tablet since they are not optimised (might not be the official reason). So if you was expecting those titles to run, I can not see that happening just yet. Once the games are available on multiple platforms, then who knows, one purchase may make it playable on the PS3, Xperia Play AND Sony Tablet but as the description only states Xperia Play and Tablet, we will need to live with that.

Things might change later but I suppose the first thing to do is see what the demand is like which is why the adverts for the PS side have not been pushed that much.

2. PSP titles may come along but might not be soon. Most likely due to complexity of it. Would be nice since some games like Final Fantasy Crisis Core were ace.

So now while i wait for them to download, I think its time for some Top Gear (UK) 🙂

Message was edited by: Watashiwateshdes

9 REPLIES 9
mpattenden
New

Cheers Wata,

I'm on hols for half term and confirm mifi works just fine - the hard reset worked just fine and the ps store downloaded.

I've also been able to download a game with no issues.

JFI - I already had a psn account and video unlimited downloaded (saw one of the other posts so jusy for info)

hth

Padster

StartTheCar
Contributor

Nice.  Like it!

Lee

profile.country.en_IE.title
elbaztardo
New

Any support for controllers? PS3 or otherwise?

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

No info on it just yet. We are awaiting any further information on this. For now, the only working controller that I can see is the on screen one. I went down the route of getting a Fling joystick which works nice on screen.

profile.country.fi_FI.title
Akith.
Visitor

When I try to update the Account Manager it asks me to download it, but won't start downloading. It says that the item could not be found. Is the Android Playstation Store only available in selected countries at this point? The "regular" PS Store on PS3 works in Finland.

blagard
Visitor

This does NOT work for everyone, I tried a variety of posted solutions and ended up installing the apk myself, when I did so I got an alert that this would replace the existing app which did not exist so somehow there was a failed install fooling the system, maybe as a part of the system update? anyway, working perfectly now.

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Well what can you say, :dizzy: not sure what this has to do with the Tablet

Takes allsorts I suppose

needinfo464748
Visitor

stupid ics is too slow and crap on the xperia play, it works perfect with the touchpad and everything with a custom rom, you lot just want to make new phones and forget about your old ones.

Message was edited by: rich912

Edited to remove profanities.

profile.country.GB.title
swashbucklebob
Explorer

hi,I know your post was a while ago, but do you have a link to the manual download? thanks