Join now - be part of our community!

ICS Update 4.0.3 has been released

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

ICS Update 4.0.3 has been released

Hi all,

just to let you know that the ICS update has been released & is available to download now..:smileyhappy:

27 REPLIES 27
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

there is a request Desktop version option in the 4.0.x browser

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Andreek
Visitor

It got it started again,  but the problem returns when I try to download something..

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

Try to uninstall play store updates, it will come back to android market, then update to play store again.. seems to work..

(copy paste from another forum)

profile.country.en_GB.title
smellyonion
New

You can use the small apps ffunction, opening a new browser window while at the same time using the main browser. meaning that you can now play music or videos on then browser and continue to browse.

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Andreek
Visitor

Just tryed that, got it up and running. Thx for helping.:smileyhappy:

smellyonion
New

also godzilla, the full iplayer works, you just need to make it " request desktop site" after you go on the site by hiting the top right button on the browser.

profile.country.GB.title
godzilla11
New

many thanks smelly onion now this is more like it! more options on i player, although the browser does not save the desktop setting once closed so we always have to click on the destop version everytime i go on the homepage? anywhere that the setting can be saved maybe

thanks again

godzilla

smellyonion
New

the bbc homepage does save the desktop version but not the iplayer one. on bbc homepage scroll down to the bottom and click desktop site(not on the browser options but on the webpage). Then itll save a cookie remebering the desktop one, everytime you go on it.

iplayer doesnt work like that due to a lack of this option by the bbc. Maybe in the future they can include a set of advance settings in the browser to allow you to automatically force desktop  pages you specify.

stowball
Visitor

I've downloaded the update twice now. Both times it gets to 100% then alerts "failed to download update". Grrr

aph485
Visitor

well, first impressions are good. two big things for me have been the increase, or rather lack of, use of the battery.  it seems to have better efficiency .  also- and this was a big bug bear for many after buying their tablet- the wifi connection now seems resolved.  I like many others had a problem with the wifi initially , then I started to use my sensation xe as a wireless tether, now everything is tickety-boo! some changes, better in my view,with the layout- although where has the screen selection gone when long pressing any of the screens... I did prefer this option. have fun all.