Join now - be part of our community!

Micro SD card unexpectedly disengaging: works after reboot

SOLVED
Sarge
Visitor

Micro SD card unexpectedly disengaging: works after reboot

Hello!  I am a reasonably new owner of a really terrific 10" xperia tablet.  Lately, my Sd card just disengages for no apparent reason.  I am unable to remount either in the current session; however, it works fine for a while after a reboot, then simply dismounts on its own.  This is not related to access: I wasn't aware it was happening until I began to investigate.   I reformatted the card, just in case of a write error, and I have tried two other sd cards with the same results.   Has anyone else seen this behavior? Thanks very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
crocky001
Visitor

Had the same issue. SD card was in exFat and not Fat32. Had to reformat using a an apple comp through the disc utility. Can also be done on an old windows xp pc.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samuel1
Hero

Haven't seen this issue before actually. Have you tried resetting the tablet, in case there is something wrong in the software for some reason? If not, you can give it a try. Also check for any available updates via PC Companion.

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

crocky001
Visitor

Had the same issue. SD card was in exFat and not Fat32. Had to reformat using a an apple comp through the disc utility. Can also be done on an old windows xp pc.

Sarge
Visitor

That was it!  Thanks.  I reformatted on my pc and it's working fine.  I had previously used the card on a different phone which apparently wasn't so particular.  

dnastase
Visitor

My experience with the SD cards on this tablet is that the setup is very finicky somehow. I had different cards, formatted in different ways and on different devices, and some work and some exhibit problems like above where at some point they show errors (and get unmounted).

This behaviour though I've encountered on other devices as well so I can't say Sony is worse than others.

One just needs to find a card/format that works and stick w/ that.