Join now - be part of our community!

My NEW XPERIA Z2 Tablet is DEAD OUT OF THE BOX.

SOLVED
carrotflowers
Visitor

My NEW XPERIA Z2 Tablet is DEAD OUT OF THE BOX.

Bough at the airport (Sony Store) in Singapore and left the country.  Never even been able to turn it on (bought it yesterday).  It has only shown a charging light once for a few hours, but then when I tried to turn it on the light went off and the tablet didn't even attempt to start.  It seems the product was faulty from the factory.  Will Sony do something for me in this situation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

You could take it back to the store but try this

Connect the tablet to a wall charger (not a dock nor a computer) > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 to 3 hours 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

You could take it back to the store but try this

Connect the tablet to a wall charger (not a dock nor a computer) > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 to 3 hours 

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi carrotflowers,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

If the instructions above do not help, you could also try performing a software repair on the device. This is done with the Tablet turned off.

1. Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software from PC Companion
and install it on your PC.
2. Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.
Note! For some models you will be prompted to do a backup prior to the update and then restore.
3. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
4. Phone Software Update.
5. Start.
6. Repair Phone
7. Continue
8. Accept data removal
9. Next
10. Wait for prepare
11. Select Phone
12. Follow the connection steps

let us know how this goes.

carrotflowers
Visitor

Tried that. The problem is that it's not even charging. It only ever showed a red notification light when I connected it to my computer, and even then that only lasted for a few hours,afger which it still wouldn't turn on.
carrotflowers
Visitor

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your suggestion.  Unfortunately PC Companion does not recognize the tablet as being connected, so I can't proceed with your suggested repair.  Any other options?

UPDATE:  Left the Tablet connected to the wall charger overnight even though the notification light was not on.  Woke up this morning and it still wasn't on, but to my surprise the screeen came up with the Sony logo, and then the battery indicator saying it was fully charged.  However, when I turned it on, the battery indicator said 38% instead of 100%, so I suspect something's up with the battery.  In any case, happy to have a working tablet now!

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

I am glad this started to work for you, let us know if you have any ongoing issues with the device

carrotflowers2
Visitor

Hi again, forgot my password so posting under a slightly different alias.

After about 2 weeks of use I let my battery get below 20% for the first time.  At one point the Tablet went off and hasn't be back since.

The following things happen:

1) If I plug it to a wall outlet (and sometimes when connected to the computer), the notification light will turn SOLID RED (ie not blinking) for about 15 mins, and then turn off.

2) After it turns off, a couple of hours have to pass before I am able to get the red light on for another 15 min, after which it turns off again.

3) If I connect the Tablet to a windows computer, it will recognize that a USB device is plugged in but it won't be able to identify it.  I get either error 28 or error 43.

4) If I try to manually install the drivers, Windows will complain that they are not the correct drivers and won't let me install them.

5) Sony PC Companion kind of recognizes the Tablet but then says it wasn't able to install it.

What can I do?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Connect your phone to a wall charger, press and hold power and volume up for 10 seconds, let it charge for two to three hours. Then repair the phone with PCC.
Phy
Legend
Legend

You should try to Contact Sony Xperia Support.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/