Join now - be part of our community!

My unsatisfactory experience with Sony customer service?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Cbarry1
Visitor

My unsatisfactory experience with Sony customer service?

Hi All,

I bought a sony s1 tablet 10 months and has since broken twice on me, The first time it was sold to me with the headphone jack broken. This time the power button is broken.

You'd think that sony would up their game after the recent string of bad press, but I have to say, the customer service I have received so far is what I can only describe as abysmal. It has been 2 weeks since I first raised the issue and I feel I'm no closer to getting it resolved. It has lead me to writing this post in the hope that a manager somewhere will see it and sort it out.

Please let me know if you've experienced this poor level of support also, or if it's just me.

The chain of events went like this:

27/08 - called sony support (+32022003700) I was placed on hold for 55 minutes before I was hung up on.

28/08 - Without any desire to spend another 55 minutes on hold I contacted sony email support.

29/08 - sony responded and asked for the tablet serial number

29/08 - serial number provided

30/08 - Sony stated the product wasn't registered and asked for further personal info so they could register it

30/08 - additional info provided.

03/09 (2 business days later) - Sony told me that my product was out of warranty and I had to pay for the repairs myself

03/09 - I informed Sony that was incorrect and that I only bought the product 10 months ago. In fact the S1 tablet hasn't even been on the market a year so I'm not sure how they came up with this.

05/09 - No response from Sony so I send a chaser. Its also over a week into my ordeal and nothing to show for it.

06/09 - Sony responded (without an apology for their lateness) an asked for the serial number so he could amend the warranty. If you remember, the support guy had already asked me for this, but being fair to him this it was over a week ago that he asked so maybe ne forgot.

06/09 - I held back my annoyance at this support guy and provided the serial number again.

08/09 - Sony are now asking for proof of purchase.

08/09 - As you can guess, I'm getting very frustrated at this long drawn out process. I'm sure anyone reading this would agree that all this information could have been requested in the first email instead of in dribs and drabs over 2 weeks. Anyway, I copied the receipt into the email body and expressed my dissatisfaction with the level of support received by sony and whether he agreed or not. I thought to myself that, that had to be end of the story and my tablet would be collected the next day for repair. Nope!

10/09 - Sony responded saying that is not a valid proof of purchase and that I have to send it in a PDF attachment!! He also ignored the question I placed to him about the level of support received and that whether he thought 2 weeks (so far) was an acceptable turn around time.

10/09 - Holding back all anger and annoyance at this stupid request, I send off the receipt as an attachment and await the reply that I know I won't be happy with.

Stay tuned for their response......

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
martinbowden
Visitor

hope this isn't the way sony are going to behave when we buy there tablets took a risk when I bought my sony tab as they have no history in this area .I have been lucky so far fingers crossed sorry to hear what poor customer servises your have received and no responce to this post ?????

profile.country.fr_FR.title
MichaelREMY
Explorer

hi !

i have a similar really bad experience with xperia smartphone after sale service too.

Strangely in the same period as you.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/266921#266921

i had waiting for more than 60 days for having a decent support service...

i purchased my xperia devince on sony website to get a better sale service and after sale service and support service.

and i got the worst ever ever ever after sale and support service of my intenet customer life (15 years!).

i am very desapoint of sony service and almost disgusted about sony device.

But i still have a vaio which runs perfectly.