Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Tablet : The microphone and other problems ???

SOLVED
profile.country.en_LV.title
kushagra14
Visitor

Sony Tablet : The microphone and other problems ???

Hi,

I purchased a 16GB Sony Tablet S recently. I have couple of problems associated with it,

1) The microphone doesn't work properly. Even apps like Talking Tom, SKYPE does not work properly as far as voice is concerned. The mic works only if I speak very close to it. Do I need to do something to get rid of ths problem?

2) How to open an epub attachment on GMAIL? I have two ebook readers - Sony, and Adible.? Whenever I click on the attachment on GMAIL, it says "The format not supported with any app".

3) Is there a file manager on the tablet? Can I create a personal folder and manage my documents in it?

Pls help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
mpattenden
New

Hi there,

1) I'm afraid I've never had this issue - I've used Skype without issue - didn't do anything special during setup

2) Have you tried saving the attachment and then opening it from your app?

3) I think I speak for quite a lot of folks here when I say I use File Manager HD from the app store - this gives you great flexibility - also the ability to run files direct from the sd card when combined with other apps (for example MX Player for video) which isn't supported with the native apps.

HTH

Padster

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
kushagra14
Visitor

Hey Guys...

Pls help if anybody has faced these problems.

mpattenden
New

Hi there,

1) I'm afraid I've never had this issue - I've used Skype without issue - didn't do anything special during setup

2) Have you tried saving the attachment and then opening it from your app?

3) I think I speak for quite a lot of folks here when I say I use File Manager HD from the app store - this gives you great flexibility - also the ability to run files direct from the sd card when combined with other apps (for example MX Player for video) which isn't supported with the native apps.

HTH

Padster

Eddie86
Visitor

/\/\/\ what he said,

I personally use astro file manager with its free back up service though

kushagra14
Visitor

Thanks al lot...

1) It seems my microphone is faulty. I had a word with the service center, and they said, I need to visit them for getting it replaced.

2) Regarding opening the attachments from GMAL, how to save the attachments in ANDROID? I am new to android, so not aware of the ways to save an attachment.

3) Thanks for the suggestion. I'll get it from app store today itself.

Kushagra

jahussa87
Explorer

I also have microphone problems where my voice is extreamly unclear to the point that voice recognition cant even come up with words that at least sound like what i'm saying. Plus I also have issues with the brightnes on the front facibg camera. When I took it back to the Sony Centre they showed me the display model was simelar so I thaught it was just built like that.

Where is the microphone anyway? Is it that little hole on the top?

kushagra14
Visitor

My Mic had similar problems. It was faulty. Sony has agreed to it, but I haven't got it replaced as of now.

The mic is located on the top (a small pin hole).

Front facing camera is not of good quality and resolution. So, expect the brightness to be of lower depth.

Rgds

Kushagra

profile.country.el_GR.title
KONKOS
New

I have also problem with microphone . Very poor sound to the videos. I wait answer from Sony Hellas

profile.country.el_GR.title
Nikos84
New

I haven't tried the microphone yet. I don't know if it is a problem but i think the right speaker is louder than the left. Is this a problem? 

Message was edited by: Nikos84