Join now - be part of our community!

New Sony Xperia Tablet S Wi-Fi Problem?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bobbyalansony
Visitor

New Sony Xperia Tablet S Wi-Fi Problem?

Hi there - just wondering if anyone out there has the same issues with their new Xperia Tablet S - Firstly, when turning on from sleep (when the Wi-Fi is turned off) it takes 60 seconds for the tablet to re-connect (other tablets re-connect straight away) - this happens whatever Wi-Fi Disconnect Options are selected.

And secondly - does it seem as though there is not enough color saturation on the screen (is there any way of boosting this ?)

Just wondering what others think ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

janwisteria wrote:

hi update was just there to action which I did took about 10 mins. Solved wifi and the issue of having to double tap when you want to type in a box eg a search box. Thanks Sony!

:cool: Glad to read that the update has resolved your wifi problem..:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
janwisteria
Visitor

Unfortunately I have the same problem with wifi. It was ok to start now an issue. Tried  the same things but like you takes ages. 

Wish I had bought an IPAD now. It's  a bit buggy.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

Have you installed the latest firmware update - Android 4.0.3 release 4.?

If so and the problem remains can you clarify..

Have you switched off wifi before your tablet enters sleep.?

If so, if wifi is still enabled before your tablet enters sleep do you notice the same issue.?

janwisteria
Visitor

I have the latest firmware and I just leave the tablet as is. So for example I have used it now i'll and go off and do something else. It will go to sleep at some point.  Then when it wakes no wifi. Only way to get it back is to shutdown. It will not come back on very often without this. It's  annoying, I dont want to have to keep turning it on and  off, the tablet or the wifi.

mpattenden
New

Hi there,

I have the original Tablet S and have had since the day after release there are quite a few old threads about wifi. The following is from a post I made a long time ago and touch wood have never had the issue since:

I had experienced this a long time ago - I downloaded advanced wifi lock - there is a free and paid version the paid just gives a widget and a few extra settings.

I just have to have turned it on and off at some point using this and no reconnect issues.

My main reason for getting this app though was when I'm streaming music the screnn can go off but it stay connected regardless.

HTH

Padster

janwisteria
Visitor

hi Padster (?)

Thanks for the tip about the app have downloaded hopefully will work. Thanks for taking the time. Getting more used to the tablet now and liking it.  I'm  just used to the fruit products and trying to ween myself off them!

Jan

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

janwisteria wrote:

I have the latest firmware and I just leave the tablet as is. So for example I have used it now i'll and go off and do something else. It will go to sleep at some point.  Then when it wakes no wifi. Only way to get it back is to shutdown. It will not come back on very often without this. It's  annoying, I dont want to have to keep turning it on and  off, the tablet or the wifi.

I have highlighted this thread to Sony support personel, if & when I recieve any feedback we'll let you know..

janwisteria
Visitor

Thanks Thalmus 

Mozartwon
Visitor

Same problem, I have to shutdown to get it back.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Mozartwon wrote:

Same problem, I have to shutdown to get it back.

Welcome to Questions & Answers Mozartwon, thanks for the info..:smileyhappy: