Join now - be part of our community!

New Walkman Feature

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bigjon1976
Visitor

New Walkman Feature

Hi, I have a sony network speaker, and have been using it really well with the music from my tablet s, but since the latest update, I have to use the Walkman app, but since this update I can no longer send music to it, as it just comes up with "operation unsupported" the videos work fine and can be sent to my TV, and I can even see my network speaker on the list of devices, but in Walkman just for audio I dont even get that far, it just says operation unsupported......... Anybody have any idea what is wrong or if I can remove this terrible app??

Thanks,

Hi, I have a sony network speaker, and have been using it really well with the music from my tablet s, but since the latest update, I have to use the Walkman app, but since this update I can no longer send music to it, as it just comes up with "operation unsupported" the videos work fine and can be sent to my TV, and I can even see my network speaker on the list of devices, but in Walkman just for audio I dont even get that far, it just says operation unsupported......... Anybody have any idea what is wrong or if I can remove this terrible app??

Thanks,

Jon.

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited for personal details

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jon,

I have no clue why but can confirm that the Walkman app doesn’t work with the Sony network speaker. I use Network Audio Remote app which does work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sony.nar.app&hl=en

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jon,

I have no clue why but can confirm that the Walkman app doesn’t work with the Sony network speaker. I use Network Audio Remote app which does work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sony.nar.app&hl=en

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat