Join now - be part of our community!

Playstation games on the sony tablet?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
smithymg
Visitor

Playstation games on the sony tablet?

Firstly sorry if this is already covered, I can't find it.....

I own a Sony tablet S and one of the features I enjoy a lot is the playstation games which was the major reason I bought the tablet instead of a samsung.

I know there wasn't a lot of games on there but I enjoyed playing the ones I bought.

I've just tried to use the store to see if any new games were on it and it did an update so I thought geat there must be new content.

The playstation 1 games including the ones I've bought seem to have vanished ..... Please somebody tell me I am blind or missing something obvious because at the moment I feel more than a little cheated with what was one of my favorite features taken away.

Thank you in advance for any feedback

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

smithymg wrote:

Thank you Thalamus for your reply

I still have some of the playstation one games installed on the tablet and have the icons for my favorites on my home screen. I didn't know I could add them to a folder in what sounds like the same way I would with my iphone (thank you very helpful)

Yes in a similar way to what you can do on your iPhone..:smileyhappy:

smithymg wrote:

However my concern is the rest of the playstation games,

Can I download and reinstall previously owned games which have been uninstalled from my tablet?

Can I buy any more playstation games to use with the playstation game playing app as I was hoping for a few more titles to be released such as wipeout which would be fantastic on the tablet imo and maybe even teken 2 and such like?

I've left the tablet on it's cradle all day basking in my broadband so I know it has downloaded any aspects of PSM but I still see no playstation games and instead I see what look like pokey little aps which are almost certainly free in other guises via marketplace.

Have just found a Playstation Mobile Frequently Asked Questions page which may answer some of your questions - Introducing the Playstation Mobile

If you still have any questions after reading the FAQ's let us know & we'll try to help further..:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi smithymg,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

After updating the PS Store to PSM I found that when I launched PSM it took a long time for the available content to appear..

Once the content was updated a selection of downloads appeared, once the content had been downloaded if you touch the Games icon you should see a selection of new content under each of the Games subheadings..

As to your previous downloaded games if you open Aps & widgets you should see an icon for your each of previously download games, touch on one & it should launch as normal..

To make it easier to locate & launch your games you could place a short cut on your home screen.

To create a short cut press & hold the game icon & when the home screen appears place the icon in the location of your choice & repeat as necessary..

If you have several games instead of several icons on your home screen you can place them into one folder..

To do this press & hold one of your games icons & drag it on top of another icon & repeat as required..

Once you have created the folder press on the new icon & then you can rename the folder to something more appropriate than New Folder..

smithymg
Visitor

I still have some of the playstation one games installed on the tablet and have the icons for my favorites on my home screen. I didn't know I could add them to a folder in what sounds like the same way I would with my iphone (thank you very helpful)

Can I download and reinstall previously owned games which have been uninstalled from my tablet?

Can I buy any more playstation games to use with the playstation game playing app as I was hoping for a few more titles to be released such as wipeout which would be fantastic on the tablet imo and maybe even teken 2 and such like?

I've left the tablet on it's cradle all day basking in my broadband so I know it has downloaded any aspects of PSM but I still see no playstation games and instead I see what look like pokey little aps which are almost certainly free in other guises via marketplace.

The playstation feature was genuinely unique to the sony tablets and a touch of nostalgia that I absolutely loved using and looked forward to using in the future as the catalog of games expanded it was part of the reason I chose this tablet along with the tv I bought at the same time as apposed to the samsung equivalent.

Basically I want to know if Sony have taken away my ability to expand on this feature with more playstation one games.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

smithymg wrote:

Yes in a similar way to what you can do on your iPhone..:smileyhappy:

smithymg wrote:

Have just found a Playstation Mobile Frequently Asked Questions page which may answer some of your questions - Introducing the Playstation Mobile

If you still have any questions after reading the FAQ's let us know & we'll try to help further..:smileyhappy:

smithymg
Visitor

Thank you again Thalamus

Looks like they have taken it away in favour of the vita

Not a happy bunny but there is nothing I can do I suppose except next time use a alternate brand 😞