Join now - be part of our community!

screen goes blank!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
michaelstorf
Visitor

screen goes blank!!

Hi, i have recently bought an S1 Tablet. Stunning piece of equipment but the only problem i am having is that the screen will go blank without warning. I can still hear that it is still on but no picture. It seems to only happen when i'm using the battery (not plugged in) and i do have the brightness quite high. Should these factors affect it? Please help, anyone. Mike

28 REPLIES 28
omar_g@ap64
Visitor

Hi Again,

Yes, I will keep you updated on any progress.

To clarify, I am the Product manager for Tablet at Sony UK.

Omar

profile.country.nl_NL.title
dutchmollie
Visitor

same problem here when on high brightness

i consider my device switching off at random a major problem !

replied here cause no mention of the problem in the dutch forum

regards a concerned dutch user

omar_g@ap64
Visitor

Hi All,

We'll be in touch with you individually via PM shortly to try and resolve your issues.

Dutchmollie,

The best course of action is for you to contact your local Sony Customer Service department who should be able to help disagnose and resolve the problem.

Omar

Message was edited by: omar_g@ap64

Message was edited by: omar_g@ap64

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Could I ask one of you to try the following please.?

Click on Apps (top right)

then click on Settings

In the settings screen select Screen

The select Time Out

Could you adjust this to one of the higher settings & see if you still encounter the same problem.:smileyconfused:

Also may be worth checking whether deselecting Automatic Brightness prevents the screen issue.:smileyconfused:

michaelstorf
Visitor

HI

The time out selection does not make any difference to me. I find the automatic brightness setting works fine (screen doesn't go blank) but personally find its too dark. If I keep the brightness setting below three quarters it works fine. Above three quarters causes the problems when working on the battery.

Mike

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

michaelstorf wrote:

The time out selection does not make any difference to me. I find the automatic brightness setting works fine (screen doesn't go blank) but personally find its too dark.

Thanks for checking Mike..:smileyhappy:

michaelstorf wrote:

If I keep the brightness setting below three quarters it works fine. Above three quarters causes the problems when working on the battery.

And thanks for the clarification..:smileyhappy:

philjg
Visitor

Same problem for me. Have turned down the brightness having read these posts and that seems to have stopped it for now, but would really prefer the brighter screen. Agree with the post above that the auto setting is too dark.

Otherwise, very happy with it. Just waiting, hopefully not in vain, for Sky to get their android sky player app out so ipad users can be less smug.

michaelstorf
Visitor

hi philjg

I am with you on the sky go app.patiently waiting. it is time we helped sony take this tablet to the number one slot!! fantastic gadget. Thank you to omar who passed the problem to the tech guys who are looking into it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

philjg wrote:

Same problem for me. Have turned down the brightness having read these posts and that seems to have stopped it for now, but would really prefer the brighter screen. Agree with the post above that the auto setting is too dark.

Otherwise, very happy with it. Just waiting, hopefully not in vain, for Sky to get their android sky player app out so ipad users can be less smug.

Thanks for your reply philjg..:smileyhappy:

tso617
Visitor

Just had this problem this evening , tablet plugged in all day so fully charged , get home and screen wont come on (agree thread should be renamed). Tried removing memory, connecting to mains and holding the power button down for a few minutes then trying again seemed to fix it. Seeing similar problems being reported here i am tempted to take my tablet back to Peter Jones tomorrow for a full refund and just wait till v2 is launced.