Join now - be part of our community!

Update and Launcher_

profile.country.en_GB.title
Aspen.Tree
Visitor

Update and Launcher_

Hi I have just installed the latest Update and now I get a message 'Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped'.  All I can do is access settings.  I have done a factory reset which hasn't resolved it.  I tried force stopping launcher and clearing data - that didn't solve it either.  Any suggestions?

Many thanks

I have read the thread about problems with ICS and apps - google play store etc.  I have an SGPT111GB/S and my settings are very similar.  I have Android 4.0.3 (release 1a).  My build no is TISUOR0030110 which is identical to one of the screen shots.

I do still have standard keyboard as an option but with launcher being stopped, I can do very little except look at settings.

My launcher is version 4.1.0010.

Message was edited by: Aspen.Tree

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

Try to navigate to:

Settings - Applications - All - Launcher

Clear cache and Clear data

cross fingers - reboot  straight from Settings panel. (you have tried this before, but maybe not cleared both cache and data... worth a last try).

If that doesn't solve it, and you have done the factory reset etc.:

contact Sony, have it handed-in/picked-up - fixed - returned.

Aspen.Tree
Visitor

Hi breedBenR

Thanks for responding.  I tried clearing data.  There was nothing in the cache and the option to clear it was greyed out.  Then  I did another factory reset.  I think I'd tried it before.  Good thought and worth a try but unfortunately it didn't work. 

I have contacted Sony support for help.

I'll keep this thread updated in case any one else has the same problem.

Message was edited by: Aspen.Tree

Gerdy2011
Visitor

Surprised we havent heard more about this fault.  i've just got the same message(s).  I have tried to clear the data and cache related to the launcher  ...and nothing.  Using a drawing pin I hit the reset button.  Currently in the middle of a large number of Google Play apps updates.

Also had problems connecting to my home Wi-Fi earlier despite an excellent signal (never had that problem before)

Tablet appears to be more stable now.  i'm thinking this was caused by a previously failed set of update downloads.

Yup ... looking good now.