Join now - be part of our community!

screen goes blank!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
michaelstorf
Visitor

screen goes blank!!

Hi, i have recently bought an S1 Tablet. Stunning piece of equipment but the only problem i am having is that the screen will go blank without warning. I can still hear that it is still on but no picture. It seems to only happen when i'm using the battery (not plugged in) and i do have the brightness quite high. Should these factors affect it? Please help, anyone. Mike

28 REPLIES 28
michaelstorf
Visitor

hi tso617

it seems your problem with your tablet is different to my own. to clarify, no problems switching the tablet on.if the brightness was put to full and it was running off battery (not plugged into mains), the screen would go blank but the power (including sound) would remain on.to put the screen back on I had to tap the power button.I tried adjusting the timeout and different settings but it made no difference.

the sony tablet has massive potential, especially being playstation certified, and the connectivity capabilities.bear with your purchase and im sure you wont be disappointed . with all new products there are always teething problems,but it is in sonys best interest to sort then out.

mike 

sarahsper
Visitor

my screen/backlight keeps randomly going off too and this causes major problems for me as I use recipie photos on tablet for cooking so its really annoying having to click the on off button whilst in the middle of cooking, love it otherwise so sony please sort it out, thanks in advance

marky175
Visitor

have you any answer for ththis problem as yet, after a week of owning, seriously considering demanding money back, as screen goes blank after 30 seconds or so of use.

michaelstorf
Visitor

hi mark

have you tried adjusting the settings etc and have you tried adjusting the brightness manually.the problem I had only happened when the brightness was on full or near full. my problem was sorted by sony sending a replacement tablet and collecting the problem tablet. no problems with this one.

mike

marky175
Visitor

thanks mike its better but not keen on having darker screen. as use outside quite a lot. will try sony to see if they have the answer, otherwise looking like refund and over to ipad

michaelstorf
Visitor

hi mark

try contacting sony support and advise them of the problem.tell them you have been on this forum and come across other people with the same problem. advise them that you have screen brightness problem and you need a repair or replacement.give as much info as poss, make, model and purchase details etc.sonys communication is alot to be desired but dont give up.mike

sonytalktouspls
Visitor

Hi Omar

looking through various forums including this one , the backlight problem seems to be a common one. I have a few specific queries

-I note that your 1st response was back in october, what have you found since then

-Do sony accept that this is a problem across the tablet s range and if so shouldnt there be some kind of comminication to owners highlighting this. im thinking about all the time wasted by your customers investigating the problem.

Thanks for your time Omar, I hope your communication of the progress and possible solution of this issue is swift and concise.

sonytalktouspls
Visitor

1 month on and no response ( except for the nice moderator asking me to change my user name) i have no idea why i bothered, gonna find my reciept i think and return the item. IPAD here I come!

DRRMM_45
Visitor

I have had a S1 for about a year and the screen went blank last night. The standby was flashing but I tried to press the on button in various ways with no result. I connected it to the computer but it did not appear. Finally I pressed the reset button and it came back to life. Nothing seems to be missing. I have always had the screen on full brightness.