Join now - be part of our community!

SONY are you listening

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
oseven
Visitor

SONY are you listening

Does anyone at Sony read the questions in this forum or has it been set up so that members of the public can sort problems for them ?

Assuming they do look occasionally why don't we list some of the things we feel they could and should put right ASAP. eg.

1. Make the Gallery app. work with the sd card.

2. Release their own app. to make throwing to PS3 etc. posible.

3. Make their typewriter work properly on this site.

4. Improve their HELP app. and give lots of Hints and Tips on how to get the most from the tablet.

I know the above problems can all be fixed with free apps. and advice from this forum but newbies and non techies must be very disapointed that they have spent a lot of money on something that is not really ready for the market.

I am sure many of you can add to the above list and just maybe Sony will give us a response. We have after all bought their product and they must surely want us to recommend it to others. At the moment I do not feel I would advise anybody to buy until the problems are solved.

Thankyou

PS. is there a spell checker here or is this another omission ?

Message was edited by: Blencogo

Marked as a 'Sticky' for 10 days

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
omar_g@ap64
Visitor

Hello All,

Lots of great feedback here. I wnted to jump in and let you know that we at Sony are listening and reading all of the comments on this forum, and the others.

Feedback is always given to the enginering and development teams in Japan.

Some updates and responses for you on the comments in this particular thread:

PlayStation Store, Music Unlimited, Video Unlimited & Reader Store:

All of these services will be launching shortly. In fact, you will see some of the services come online in the next few days. Your patience in waiting for them has been appriciated, but it'll be worth the wait, I promise!

Throw to PlayStation 3:

The throw feature needs a DLNA Renderer on the other end, for it to work. The PlayStation 3 is not a DLNA Renderer and so for now, doesn't work with the throw feature.

Help App:

The help app i something we're looking at, given your feedback.

Throwing to Sonos3:

Sonos don't fully support the DLNA open standard, which means, although you can see if form DLNA devices (like your Tablet or PlayStation 3), their closed ecosystem stops things like Throw from working.

Any DLNA compliant home audio system or Hi-Fi, (from Sony, Philips, etc.) should work well.

I hope that helps a little.

Omar

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi oseven,

Sony do not actively participate here as this is a user forum.  However, I will make sure yours and anyone elses ideas in this discussion are forwarded to Sony.

To be fair, the Tablet is new and I'm sure Sony will the first to admit that some aspects do need some further ongoing development.  I am sure they will welcome your suggestions.

:slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi oseven - I see this discussion has reappeared at last.

I have marked it as a 'Sticky' for a period of 10 days - during which time I will send summaries to Sony.

:wink:

mpattenden
New

Hi blencogo,

If you have 'the ear' of sony here are some of my wishes:

• Throwing to the ps3 would be massive winner a huge differentiater in the market place and potentially get a lot more buy in from existing sony users.

• Making all the accessories available such as the usb cable

• Having all the advertised features fully available now - I heard from my local Sony store this is going to be for Christmas actually.

• One of the most obvious is proper integration into the psn and pen on neither site is there reference to the tablet yet.

• A travel adapter would be nice too!

Just a few points that spring to mind - but I'd also like to give credit where it's due:

I realise this is bleeding edge it's rare for me to buy tech the day after release  but it made that big an impact on me. The screen is fantastic, the display and graphics match it - all second to none.

Ergonomically it is so comfortable to use for long periods of time - so much better than the competition even though it's only 3g different in weight.

The remote functionality is just superb

This tablet easily has the potential to be the market leader

Overall I'm very pleased and will be even happier when it starts to get the support it deserves.

Regards

Padster

Message was edited by: mpattenden

Message was edited by: mpattenden

ollie44
Visitor

I too think that the SD card problem should have been fixed by now. It seems daft that the gallery app. doesn' t do what others can, ie read all photos on a card so that you do not have to view them one at a time.

I also find the speakers very quiet compared to other tablets I checked. Have to use earphones all the time now.Is this just me or is it that my tablet is below par and a  return to store is called for?

The GPS also seems not to work once I leave the house. Is this normal?

Message was edited by: ollie44

Message was edited by: ollie44

profile.country.CH.title
knight_lancelot
New

I had a database problem with the MediaPlayer few weeks ago ->>

- I posted it on this forum and it has been solved. :slight_smile:

-thanks Sony for solving the problem and not only listening to it!

Dunhamzzz
Visitor

The Wifi- disconnecting bug is pretty big and should definitely be fixed, details here: http://sonytabletpro.com/2011/10/10/sony-tablet-s-wifi-disconnection-bug/

profile.country.GB.title
Tonywood1970
Explorer

Hi I'm hoping that you can help.

I recently bought the tablet and am having great difficulty in throwing music to my new Sonos 3 speaker, the tablet can see the wireless speaker however when I push the music through - I always get the message the player does not support the format.

If this helps, it works really well when I have my laptop switched on and reads the files from the computer, however I don't really want to have my laptop on. Please can any one help me, as I really do want to push music from my tablet on its own.

Message was edited by: Blencogo

omar_g@ap64
Visitor

Hello All,

Lots of great feedback here. I wnted to jump in and let you know that we at Sony are listening and reading all of the comments on this forum, and the others.

Feedback is always given to the enginering and development teams in Japan.

Some updates and responses for you on the comments in this particular thread:

PlayStation Store, Music Unlimited, Video Unlimited & Reader Store:

All of these services will be launching shortly. In fact, you will see some of the services come online in the next few days. Your patience in waiting for them has been appriciated, but it'll be worth the wait, I promise!

Throw to PlayStation 3:

The throw feature needs a DLNA Renderer on the other end, for it to work. The PlayStation 3 is not a DLNA Renderer and so for now, doesn't work with the throw feature.

Help App:

The help app i something we're looking at, given your feedback.

Throwing to Sonos3:

Sonos don't fully support the DLNA open standard, which means, although you can see if form DLNA devices (like your Tablet or PlayStation 3), their closed ecosystem stops things like Throw from working.

Any DLNA compliant home audio system or Hi-Fi, (from Sony, Philips, etc.) should work well.

I hope that helps a little.

Omar

mpattenden
New

So another wish would be for ntfs support on usb and sd drives. The new advent vega supports this via the drive mount app that's included.

You can get this app from the marketplace but then have to root your device something I wouldn't ever want to do.