Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet has died, if I use reset button will I lose all my pics and apps?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
peminte16
Visitor

Tablet has died, if I use reset button will I lose all my pics and apps?

I have tried other advice such as holding down on button for 10 secs, holding down volume and on button together etc but to no avail. I am reluctant to try the reset button as I don't want to lose any of my pictures, ebooks etc.

Can someone reassure me that it ok to use the reset button to try and start up my tablet WITHOUT losing anything.

I have nothing on memory card.

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

No you won't lose anything. I have 'stuck a pin in the reset button' once or twice and all was well.

However if your tablet has died you have sort of lost everything anyway as you've no access to it. So pressing the reset will improve the situation as at the very least you'll have a working tablet with nowt on it as opposed to a non functioning tablet, if you get my meaning.

Disclaimer: if your tablet wakes up after a reset and everything has gone please don't blame me:smileywink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

No you won't lose anything. I have 'stuck a pin in the reset button' once or twice and all was well.

However if your tablet has died you have sort of lost everything anyway as you've no access to it. So pressing the reset will improve the situation as at the very least you'll have a working tablet with nowt on it as opposed to a non functioning tablet, if you get my meaning.

Disclaimer: if your tablet wakes up after a reset and everything has gone please don't blame me:smileywink:

Leginsmith
Visitor

Ive reset mine a couple of times, I havent lost my personal stuff only the apps as it goes back to factory.

gt19300
Visitor

Did it die after a recent update? 4.0.3 release 1a