Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet S Connection

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jacross63
Visitor

Tablet S Connection

My tablet S tells me my signal from my Orange Livebox is weak and will not connect. My laptop sat at the side of my tablet tells me the signal is excellent. Any one heard of this problem before?  JackC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

Hi Jacross,

Welcome on this forum...

It's a known issue with previous versions of the Android OS on our tablets. Perhaps you should update to the latest version of Android... and to do so, you need to connect to your router :laughing: So, if you can, you should temporarly deactivate the network security to be able to connect your tablet to your router and access the Internet. Once the update is done, you should turn your network security back on and it should be ok. After that, I've noticed that the connection is better with WPA/WPA2 encryption than WEP; you should try :wink:

Do not hesitate to tell us if this works (or not)...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

Hi Jacross,

Welcome on this forum...

It's a known issue with previous versions of the Android OS on our tablets. Perhaps you should update to the latest version of Android... and to do so, you need to connect to your router :laughing: So, if you can, you should temporarly deactivate the network security to be able to connect your tablet to your router and access the Internet. Once the update is done, you should turn your network security back on and it should be ok. After that, I've noticed that the connection is better with WPA/WPA2 encryption than WEP; you should try :wink:

Do not hesitate to tell us if this works (or not)...

pcgirl
Visitor

Hi,

I too noticed that my tablet wasn't connecting, but it was all of sudden at home. It used to connect, then one day it didn't.

I too scoured the internet for answers and found none.. then suddenly remembered that I had made a change with my router.

Make sure you have QoS turned on. It was as simple at that with my tablet. :smileygrin:  I am now back to successfully checking my emails via my tablet. :smileygrin:

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
cinbor2
Visitor

HI, same problem over here in Canada just got my tablet two days ago was working fine, I have been soo keen about it bragging too all. Then in the middle of downloading a movie it lost connection and I havent been able to reconnect since, I have four other computors that are on the same home network and they work fine. The movie I was downloading was paid for. Fairly new router, two weeks old. Pls. any help would be greatly appreciated, I am not a techie so pls keep it simple, Thanks in advance. Robert

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
cinbor2
Visitor

What is Qos?? how do you change it? Robert

mpattenden
New

QoS - usually stands for Quality of Service

Not all routers have this and it will be different for different brands.

Remember google is your friend, a quick search with your make model and qos in the search should get you answer.

hth

Padster