Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet S media remote app fails to recognise Bravia TV

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jimarsc
Visitor

Tablet S media remote app fails to recognise Bravia TV

I just installed the Sony Media Remote app on my Tablet S in order get it to work with my Sony Bravia TV. Both devices are connected to the same LAN - the tablet via wifi and the TV via a wired LAN connection. Both devices can access the internet (which shows they can use the network). However, when I open the Media Remote device and got to 'Devices' it tries to refresh the list of connected devices, but fails to list my Bravia TV.

The help menu suggests that privacy settings in my router could cause problems, but it is not clear how to resolve this, or even how to tell if this might be the cause.

Anyone had this problem (or similar) and managed to resolve it? Any ideas?

thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

I found the list on the australian forum :smileysilly:: you have to click on 'Applicable models' to read it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Eddie86
Visitor

the media remote app is for controlling units through infra red, for example replacing your tv, sky and hifi remotes. To control what's shown on your TV I think you need to use the DLNA app.

Unless there's another media remote app I haven't seen (my tablet had it pre-installed )

Ed

lemurville
Visitor

They are two different apps. Remote Control is the infra red one. The one we're talking about here is Media Remote.

Not all Bravia TVs are supported. Look at the app via the market place. It shows you the list of compatible devices there.

I have a 2010 Bravia TV (KDL32-EX703) and it doesn't work for me.

Eddie86
Visitor

Ah, thanks for putting me straight.

the more I learn about this tablet the more I love it!

jimarsc
Visitor

Checked the list of compatible devices (on Androin app store) and amazed to find that the top end sony Bravia TV (KDL-60LX903) is not supported - really annoyed and feel misled by the Tablet web site and advertising which suggests full integration with modern Bravia TVs, main reason I bought the tablet was to use Media Remote in conjunction with the TV and the Qriocity service. No wonder Apple is kicking Sony's butt. Sony - you need to get your act in gear before the Apple smart TV arrives.

PS: the Andriod store says a full list of Sony device compatible with Media Remote is available on the Sony web site - no link is provided and having spent half an hour searching the Sony web site I can't find any reference to a list of compatible devices.

If anyone knows of such a list I'd be grateful if you'd post the link.

Thanks.

profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

I found the list on the australian forum :smileysilly:: you have to click on 'Applicable models' to read it.

jimarsc
Visitor

Thanks - that's just what I was looking for.

gedddyboy
Visitor

hi,

I have a BDV-L600 which is using a homeplug to access the internet etc but the remote app is not picking it up. It can see a BDP-370 wired directly to the router in another room, any clues?

I am now using an Ipad and iphone which cannot see it but my other tablet could only see it if the app was deleted then re installed.

The L600 is seen on my PC as a media device.