Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet Z Belgian French keyboard ?

SOLVED
Michel4632
Visitor

Tablet Z Belgian French keyboard ?

Hello,

Just bought new tablet Z 32gb wifi. Upgraded the software to build 370.

Although the language is properly set to French (Belgium), the keyboard is displaying a French (France) layout : the M is next to the N on the bottom line, while it should be next to the L, one line above.

No other keyboard is offered in the options.

My two years old Acer Iconia tab A500 is displaying the proper belgian french keyboard with Android 4.0

What can I do to overcome this localization issue ?

Thanks

Michel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

The preinstalled keyboard does unfortunately not have AZERTY layout for Belgium. You can select AZERTY if you select French under Settings -> Language & input -> Xperia keyboard -> Languages -> Writing languages.

We have forwarded this as feedback but at the moment you would have to use a 3:rd party keyboard to get Belgium/AZERTY.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rickard
Master

The preinstalled keyboard does unfortunately not have AZERTY layout for Belgium. You can select AZERTY if you select French under Settings -> Language & input -> Xperia keyboard -> Languages -> Writing languages.

We have forwarded this as feedback but at the moment you would have to use a 3:rd party keyboard to get Belgium/AZERTY.

Michel4632
Visitor

Hello Rickard,

Thanks for your answer. Installing a alternative keyboard is indeed what I did.

After some additional search, it appears that the default AZERTY keyboard layout of the Tablet Z (with the M next to the N) does not match the French (from France) keyboard either ! In fact, this layout does not match any of the standardized AZERTY variants (Wikipedia).

It should then be corrected with the next software upgrade.

Michel