Join now - be part of our community!

What's the latest firmware version for the Xperia Tablet Z?

SOLVED
Mattias
Visitor

According to the Swedish and British Sony website, the latest version for the Xperia Tablet Z is 10.1.1.A.1.253 released on 17th of May.

But this is the latest version for the Xperia Z (phone) not the tablet Z... Or am I wrong?

It's a bit confusing, when the manufacturer cannot keep track of the phone and tablet... Slightly_smiling_Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samuel1
Hero

Depends on if you have the WiF version or the LTE version. For LTE the latest is 10.1.1.A.1.253 and for WiFi it's 10.1.C.0.344.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Toshik
Visitor

According to the specs Tablet Z and Xperia Z (phone) have identical hardware (beside screen size). Taking this into account i think Sony used the same firmware for them, that's why firmware version is identical.

Samuel1
Hero

Depends on if you have the WiF version or the LTE version. For LTE the latest is 10.1.1.A.1.253 and for WiFi it's 10.1.C.0.344.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Mattias
Visitor

Thanks for the information.

But according to the Sony website it only shows the LTE version.

Perhaps it should show both Wifi and LTE versions, so there is no confusion...

If I'm able to give some feedback. Slightly_smiling_Face

Samuel1
Hero
Mattias
Visitor

This is the one I came to when browsing the Swedish Sony website:

http://www.sonymobile.com/se/software/tablets/xperia-tablet-z/

This is the one I came to when browsing the UK Sony website:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/software/tablets/xperia-tablet-z/

Surely the local versions of the website should hold the correct information.

Or do I need to go to the international one for this information?

Since you explained the difference to me it's no longer a problem, but it could be a problem for others...

The international/gobal website are listing both LTE and Wifi model when I goto the tablet section.

On the local ones only one tablet Z i listed and it does not say if it's LTE or Wifi...

Samuel1
Hero

Ofcourse you should get the correct information no matter what website you're on :smileyhappy:. I'll forward the feedback internally!

EDIT:

Checked it out once again and both for the Sweden and the UK website you can check for the latest firmware version at Support > Tablets > [choose LTE or WiFi version] > Software updates, or Software > Software news > Tablets > [choose LTE or WiFi version].

Mattias
Visitor

I found it with your description and it seems to be working, thanks... Slightly_smiling_Face

Samuel1
Hero

Any time! Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

profile.country.DE.title
tinkossm
Explorer

Hi Samuel,

do you know, when we can expect an update to Android 4.2 - i would like to use the multiuser-feature.

Thanks!