Join now - be part of our community!

Unlock my Z4 tablet

Dani121
Visitor

Unlock my Z4 tablet

Hola a todos, mi tablet Z4 la vendí hace unos días pero resulta que al restablecer de fábrica para un nuevo usuario me dice la pantalla que el dispositivo esta  protegido y el nuevo dueño no puede iniciar Sesión. Como hago para habilitar la tablet nuevamente con usuario nuevo??? 

Hello everyone, my Z4 tablet I sold it a few days ago but it turns out that when I reset the factory to a new user, the screen tells me that the device is protected and the new owner can not start the session. How do I enable the tablet again with new user ???

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Dani121

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post. 

You will have to share the password/pin that you had with this tablet. 

Jonas
Master

Hi @Dani121, welcome to our forum!

It if does say protected for the new owner, the MyXperia Theft Protection is still activated in the device and the new owner will have to unlock this protection with your Google credentials.

After the device has been unlocked, tell the new owner to add his/hers Google account to the device and the MyXperia Theft Protection will be connected to this account now, instead of yours.

I hope that helps!

Kilo-7
Visitor

Dear Sony,

Thanks for your response. I too have the Protected Mode on the Tablet (mine) NOT allowing me to start any session at all.

How do I UNLOCK the Protection to reinstate the Google Settings

Kilo-7
Visitor

Hi,

All this does is make the dog go around in circles chasing it's tail.

Yes I agree, the Z4 Tablet in Protected Mode does say protected for the new owner, indicating the MyXperia Theft Protection is still activated in the device. Therefore the new owner will/ owner will have to unlock this protection with our Google credentials.

My issue is simple; how does an owner overcome the Protected Mode setting? I guess I MUST wait until Monday morning to speak with a Tech to assist me with the unlock procedure to allow me to then continue on to enter a session with the Z4 Tablet.

Ken REGAN Ph. D. Crim - Leiden NL

Jonas
Master

Hi again, I apologize for the late reply.

You can disable the MyXperia service in the device once you have unlocked it if you go to Settings > Security > Protection by my Xperia.

I would however recommend that you keep this protection enabled since if your tablet for example, gets stolen, it's pretty much useless to the thief unless they have access to your Google credentials as they can't unlock the device and use it. If they perform a software repair or in any other way resets the device, the lock down will be triggered and they will not be able to get past this without your specific Google credentials either.

I hope everything has worked out for you and please let know if there is anything else!