Join now - be part of our community!

Updated to marshmallow and multiple functions don't work

SOLVED
Metal_Masher
Visitor

Updated to marshmallow and multiple functions don't work

Last night I up the z2 lte tablet to the newest update (which installed fine as far as I can tell) and I found multiple features not working like the home button and recent app buttons don't do any thing when pressed (they do show when they are pressed animation) the notification bar is missing the quick settings and no notification appear at all any more,  when I play music using the built in music app and lock the screen,  its missing the control element for the player along with the image of the track being played, I have attached the version of the device as a image please offer a solution, I will factory default the device if it fixes the problem as a last resort if there is no other solutions to this problem. My theory that the Vodafone (Vodacom in South Africa) stuffed up with implementation of the update and disabled multiple features, is there a way of getting an alternative version of the update from Sony that doesn't have the cellar company apps in it with out having to root the device and not loosing the features related to the camera as well installed apps. Screenshot_20160604-105756.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nabeel
Master

Hi

No it's not due to Vodafone. It's something in the marshmallow itself.

Only performing a software repair/factory data reset would help you with this.

Download Xperia Companion and install it on your PC. Run XC and connect your phone to the PC

>To update the phone's software ( if available ), select " Software Update" and follow the onscreen instructions
>To repair / reinstall phone's software, select "Software Repair" and follow the instructions

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Nabeel
Master

Hi

No it's not due to Vodafone. It's something in the marshmallow itself.

Only performing a software repair/factory data reset would help you with this.

Download Xperia Companion and install it on your PC. Run XC and connect your phone to the PC

>To update the phone's software ( if available ), select " Software Update" and follow the onscreen instructions
>To repair / reinstall phone's software, select "Software Repair" and follow the instructions

Okami
Visitor

Why is sony releasing an update which is loaded with malfunfunctions that makes the device unusable ?? 

Metal_Masher
Visitor

Thanks for the reply will do that method when I get home will get back if it has worked or not, was hoping to avoid downloading the update again as I have limited data available to use for the month which is why I used the midnight owl data side of my contract instead of the day side of the bundle. The update only appeared yesterday for me as far I can see there isn't anymore updates at this point of time

Nabeel
Master

@Okami wrote:

Why is sony releasing an update which is loaded with malfunfunctions that makes the device unusable ?? 

Out of thousands of users installing android 6, only a bunch of people might be facing these problems listed by the creator of this thread.

Developers and the internal staff clearly try to test each and everything but it just can't match the vast number of users out there. Millions of user install updates and each phone has different settings. Sometimes it happens that a combination of settings and certain conditions produce these problems which are not easily discoverable.

Now check this link https://www.google.co.in/search?q=home+button+recent+apps+notification+bar+not+working&rlz=1C1EJFA_e...

Tellme ( after checking the link above), phones of which manufacturer are free from these problems ? Google's own Nexus has this problem but it's limited to only a number of people.

That is why there are updates, right ? Slightly_smiling_Face

@Metal_Masher If you updated your tablet using Xperia Companion, you won't have to download anything again. 

However if you used the tablet itself, you will have to download a little less than 1.5 GB on your PC. Once a firmware is downloaded on the PC, it gets saved in Sony folder and you can reinstall software any number of times without downloading anything.

Metal_Masher
Visitor

Ok the suggested process is a success, I did it on the tab it when I updated last night so I didn't use the pc so from what I can see it looks like it was around 1.5gig to download to the 916 meg when I did it last night.

So moderator thanks for the advice that sorted out the issue(which shouldn't of happened in the first place) when I get a chance I will be going to go to a friends house who has uncapped internet so I can redownload the apps I have lost Crying_Face

Leach2188
Visitor

Since updating I have lost use of being able to transfer and use files on my USB drive. Keeps saying that I have to give root access but when I try I can't. I never had a problem before and use the USB so internal memory isn't full while making and editing videos. How do I get my USB file's visible in apps and not just using Sony?
Metal_Masher
Visitor

Done my own tests and found when I try to use the file commander and its saying my USB stick corrupt and wants to format it and when I use es file Explorer it access the USB stick perfectly fine read and wrote files from tab without any issues format type is fat32 it also does the same with ntfs formated USB sticks. Going to determine what's causing the problem.