Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia tablet s wont turn on

profile.country.GB.title
riclee2
New

Xperia tablet s wont turn on

My 6 month old xperia tablet s suddenly wont turn on. It charges but no matter what I try, it wont turn on. I have tried holding the power button for 10 secons, which makes the charging light flash, I have tried holding the power button and + volume key for 10 seconds which also makes the charging light flash, but it still wont turn on... Any other ideas?

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

Return it for warranty.

these tablets are crap, my tablet i just found a grey stuck pixel trying to fix it with no luck so far.

profile.country.nl_BE.title
degraaffn
Visitor

Did you try the power+volume up with the tablet on the charger as well as off the charger?

Message was edited by: degraaffn

profile.country.GB.title
riclee2
New

I've tried it with the charger plugged in and on battery power. I have tried it with the memory card in and out. I have tried everything I could find online! And still, it won't turn on...

profile.country.GB.title
riclee2
New

Actually, I'm very pleased with the product and sometimes, unfortunately, things go wrong. I just want to get it working again and don't want to slag Sony off thanks... You obviously should have bought an i-pad, along with the masses of other sheep out there...

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

You won't be for long unless jelly bean comes out verry soonish.

tablet is pissing me off actualy more and more, i will admit having universal remote is verry usefull tough.

but if just normal ussage will cause issues then thats bad, if been nagging at sony to fix it finaly got some one from sony to do research on it if sony is aware off the issues with this tablet.

I would't return it either i bought premium product i want premium product will keep nagging at sony untill they finaly fix this tablet.

i won't buy an ipad ever in mil years, neither will i touch anything from samsung.

Anyway just return it for warranty its not like they return it without fixing it like the shutdown issues.

if what degraaffn sugested does't work just return it for warranty, or get it exchanged for new one.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Marc_GB
New

I had exactly this problem and found on another post the answer... Hold the Volume Up (+) button and then press the Power On switch for a few secconds, it then started up :slight_smile: really happy. It was so simple in the end.

cokerel
New

I have had the same problem since this tablet was about three months old. It decides when it shall switch on / off.

Very much hit or miss so i never plan user time on it because half the time i end up disappointed.

Thought the software version might be the problem, but to no avail, didn't make an ounce of difference. Last time i'll buy anything from Sony. 

£450 for a piece of kit that has given me multiple amounts of heartache and grief.

P.S i've tried the reset with the volume control among other things.

jinu62
New

My xperia tablet z suddenly wont turn on. It charges but no matter what I try, it wont turn on. I have tried holding the power and volume button for 10 secons, which makes the charging light flash,I tried again which also makes the charging light flash, but it still wont turn on... any ideas?