Join now - be part of our community!

Video on Xperia tablet Z to Bravia

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
feltwellian
New

Video on Xperia tablet Z to Bravia

I have bought the above tablet and I have tried to connect wirelessly to my Sony Bravia, KDL 46EX503, tv. On the tv, using HOME, I can see the tablet for photos and audio but not on the video section. I have tried "throwing" to the tv but the tv is not recognised on the tablet. A small video I took to test out plays ok on the tablet but when I try to view it on the tv, the tablet states that the file format is not supported!!!
Can you tell me where I am going wrong please? I know I can buy an adaptor to connect via the HDMI socket but that defeats the reason why I bought the Sony tablet. I was told that I could connect seamlessly to my Bravia, obviously incorrect advice from Currys as my tv does not support NFC or Mirroring, but I did expect that it should show up on my tv through the network, as I said the photo and audio sections of HOME show the tablet so I must be doing something wrong.
Please help
Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The problem lies at the tv sides of things and not the xpheria tablet.

As a dlna client and renderer, your tv onlt supports 2 video formats, mpeg2 and avchd, therefore many videos wont work.

As a suggestion, try using a program called bubbleupnp from the google play store on the tablet. it may work, or it may not, so no guarrNtees there.

cheers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The problem lies at the tv sides of things and not the xpheria tablet.

As a dlna client and renderer, your tv onlt supports 2 video formats, mpeg2 and avchd, therefore many videos wont work.

As a suggestion, try using a program called bubbleupnp from the google play store on the tablet. it may work, or it may not, so no guarrNtees there.

cheers.
paulell45
Explorer

I wouldn't worry too much about this. I have the latest Sony TV - a 905W - and the Xperia Z tablet. Video playback stutters and there seems to be no difference between mirroring and NFC use. It's a poor experience compared to Apple TV and the ability to stream video on a iPad in high quality without a problem. Sony seem to have got this all a bit wrong!

reg6ft3
Explorer

Everytime I try to use screen mirroring from the Xperia Tablet Z to this brand new W9 tv, it says YOUR TV DOES NOT SUPPORT HDCP, you can use only walkman and movie applications. ?????????

How can this even be possible when they are both flagship Sony products?

All the adverts are showing how simple one touch NFC is, even showing this tablet mirroring this exact tv, but two new Sony products can't even pair together with this method or even manually, really disappointed I have to say