Join now - be part of our community!

Video Playback

CheesyC89
New

Video Playback

I have a collection of movies on my Sony laptop which I want to transfer on to my Xperia Tablet Z so I can watch them. I downloaded the Sony PC Companion software which picks up all of the films and I am able to transfer them on to my tablet, only problem is that they will not play. They play perfectly on the Companion software just not on the tablet.

I have searched the net looking for reasons or anything I can do but can anybody here offer any help? The PC Companion software starts to convert the files but it then errors half way through. Do I need to convert them from my files on to the tablet directly?

What file type will work best? Is there an easy way to convert them? This has been frustrating me for a week now, no apps from the Play store work and my mate with an Ipad has no problems at all converting files and playing them.

Thanks

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Chris

Usually no, there is no need to convert - unless they're massive MP4's.  The best video types now are AVI (DivX and Xvid and H264 (MP4), and if pushed, you can use software like VLC player on Android to see them.  

When I upload to my tab I usually copy them over using Windows Explorer, not sure you can do that with Xperia's.

Hope that helps.

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi Chris.

I had the same problem by converting+transferring  movies (.mov, .m2ts, .avi and .vob file) to Xperia Z tablet.

You said that error occurs about half way. Even I thought so. But, seem not to be true.

When the progress bar is about the half, the conversion seems to be finished (even PC’s CPU fan slow down) and starts the file’s transfer. Now and without any problem, if file’s conversion time is about 10 minutes, first half of progress bar goes on for 9min50sec and second half for about 10-20sec.

For me the solution was:

- converting+transferring movies file directly from PC to tablet without starting PC Companion or other software. Just File Explorer’s copy&paste

- and changing the microSD memory card

Probably, it was a file transfer error.

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)