Join now - be part of our community!

What is the point in buying Sony tablet when its already devalued

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mach5006
Visitor

What is the point in buying Sony tablet when its already devalued

I bought my tablet s when it was first on sale because I thought Sony was a good brand now after 2 price cuts already I fear that its going the same way as HP and leaves me feeling I should have gone with Apple at least they stick by their products

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
smellyonion
New

tell me about it, its not good. its very bad for business. it makes consumers feel that they paid overpriced for it. when I bought mine, I had an inkling it was going to drop and I asked the sony rep in the store, he said"no way, sony is not like hp or motorola, they are like apple and they will only reduce the price when the new one comes out".

the reason I  predicted this price drop early on is because the internal cpu is outdated, when it was released there were a couplenof months left before tegra 3 came out. you could pick up a tegra 2 tablet for £150.

so effectively sony treated the early loyal buyers so badly that it has really put me off which is a big shame. sony used to be about customer satisfaction, now they are about markeying techniques, to gain as much money as possible.

when nintendo droped the price of the 3ds, they compensated early buyers with free game. when sony dropped the price JUST 2 MONTHS IN!, they exclude us from the offers! what a joke. sonys treatment of loyal buyers has really put me off.

before purchasing the tablet we were looking at purchasing the sony hx9 (a £300 camera) but now we wont consider it and we going to go for a panasonic. this is the hard truth, its a shame but its not about the money, the £50 doesnt bother me, its the principle of a good company not treating their loyal buyers well.