Join now - be part of our community!

Where is Jelly Bean for Xperia Tablet S?

profile.country.GR.title
reptile64

Where is Jelly Bean for Xperia Tablet S?

No word from Sony on when our beloved but so problematic Tablet will receive the 4.1 or 4.2 update!! It's unstable! Really unstable and sometimes reboots itself, browsing is a torture, WiFi looses it's signal, many problems from lots of people not only me! Do something Sony! Support your €429 4 months old Tablet or stop releasing such devices! Even Koreans do it better! Pfff!!!

39 REPLIES 39
profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

Sux verry much if noticed my tablet acting worse now today video playback is slowed down and lagging, and few more shutdowns again.

seems the sony mini apps like to max out gpu usage a lot which lags everything or slows everything down also.

edit: i did antutu benchmark with timer mini app in foreground and without 1 run.

It reduced performance a lot especialy opengl performance went from 55 fps to 27 fps which just awfull.

mini app should't take such huge impact at all

Message was edited by: Zerokewl

profile.country.GR.title
reptile64

I think it is starting to be annoying! 10 days and still no response! Where is the forum stuff? If there is any....!

Zerokewl

no responds cous this forum is deserted.

I'm glad sony did't disapoint me tough with playstation 4.

Putting that asside i think they should hurry up febuari is almost over.

They showed part on ps4 meeting btw that can play ps4 games with streaming on you tablet which is nice : )

But considering its video streaming they can't leave shutdown issue ignored anymore.

profile.country.hu_HU.title
petyabaa
Visitor

My tablet s sometimes simply freezing out. When it happens noting works,only the reboot with the power button. I hope that will be solved, if the update finally arrives.

Wake up Sony!!

Zerokewl

I'll give sony time to release jellybean this month still, but if i find proof that they promised us jelly bean this month i will file complaint at consuwijzer.nl which is dutch investigation squad which can potentialy bring sony into trouble.

Anyway no point doing this if their no proof that sony did indeed promise.

profile.country.en_GB.title
alijay036
Visitor

What have you been doing to cause your tablet to act this way? I run a stock rom on a tablet S and I never have issues with freezing or shutdowns. Yes the wifi could be more stable but that is a common issue with wifi connections as any IT professional will tell you. So if your lagging while streaming try looking at your router maybe change the channel from auto to either 11 or 13. If it's freezing, have you dropped it or rooted it? Either would cause a freezing issue.

Zerokewl

Problably cous you're running something lower then ICS on tablet and cous you're having the old tablet s which did't come with ICS at stock.

All these issues are present since 4.0.3 ics update if sony had updated to 4.0.4 few month's back this issue be fixed already.

Now all we can do is wait for 4.1 since they include the fixes for 4.0.3 asswell

Zerokewl

Was just thinking sony is releasing this new tablet z maybe it has new feature that is also preset on tablet s but has't been shown yet.

and i was just thinking again on ps4 meeting they showed glimps off tablet s, and that got me thinking also maybe the xperia tablet s has gaika chip just like ps4 and tablet z asswell making wireless streaming possible towards any device, something like wireless hdmi.

or maybe i'm just over thinking and they include bravia engine with jelly bean and just want to wait till they announce tablet z on Mobile congress till they release jellybean.

Anyway these just rumours.

profile.country.de_DE.title
JinTanger
Visitor

I will never.. NEVER !! buy a Tablet from Sony again. That is really annoying... With that money i should buy another tablet but its too late.

Zerokewl

Really disapointed asswell still no jellybean looks like sony wants to shove a tablet z up our nose's

We payed premium and this is what we got, we where just a experiment.