Join now - be part of our community!

Where is Jelly Bean for Xperia Tablet S?

profile.country.GR.title
reptile64

Where is Jelly Bean for Xperia Tablet S?

No word from Sony on when our beloved but so problematic Tablet will receive the 4.1 or 4.2 update!! It's unstable! Really unstable and sometimes reboots itself, browsing is a torture, WiFi looses it's signal, many problems from lots of people not only me! Do something Sony! Support your €429 4 months old Tablet or stop releasing such devices! Even Koreans do it better! Pfff!!!

39 REPLIES 39
profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

Looks like jellybean got delayed/scrapped ty sony for screwing over existing customers.

profile.country.GR.title
reptile64

the worst part is that they still don't give a ***!!! that's ultra annoying!!! at least tell us to shut up and stop whinning or simply that you have no idea!

Message was edited by: -Soup-

edit for language

profile.country.fr_FR.title
LordDMouss
Visitor

I will not buy the xperia tablet Z !!!!! There is no answer for our questions ! its not normal ! We all have to go buy galaxy tab

Zerokewl

I'm fine if they delay it, but only if they do explain why give us some info whats going on right now.

i suspect tough that has to do with issue if reported tough, maybe issue is still present and they want to fix that before release, because it might become more common.

profile.country.GR.title
reptile64

all I have to say to Sony is this

profile.country.GR.title
reptile64

What about Asus? Who? Asus!! They already updating to 4.2 and the "Giant" Sony still not an announcement! http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/04/TF300-Android-4-2-2/

Zerokewl

I totaly hate my xperia tablet s *sarcasm*i will defiantly buy a tablet z *sarcasm*

Zerokewl

Most country's won't have the xperia tablet s untill q2 also guess their not motivated atm.

I'm having my first android phone tomorow with just android 2.3 gonna see if i can reproduce same issues on my phone probably not tough.

If seen vid from tweakers.net btw and they did bending test on tablet z it bends quite easy.

i don't think tablet z will be popular either but ofc sony might known this already.

the back is't made like the xperia z phone either.

Anyway i find sony awfully silent atm : |

Message was edited by: Zerokewl

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Removed profanity as not allowed on the forums.

profile.country.da_DK.title
Acidious
Visitor

It doesn't matter to me why the update is delayed, but the fact that Sony absolutly nothing says, and ignores every inquiery about the subject, is just ridiculous. Especially because the Xperia Tablet S is bugged so bad, with random shutdowns, wifi-issues, buttons pressing themselves, etc.

/Basic advice to Sony PR-division: Silence is not a smart move with angry/impatient customers on you doorstep. There.. A free tip for you! 😃 Please feel free to email me, if you need further assistance running your company./

"4.1.1 update will be available shortly after launch". Meh.. that was 6 months ago. I like Sonys products, but I have to place my money somwhere else next time. Maybe a company run by children, or someone with a better understanding of marketing/communication than Sony.

Message was edited by: Acidious

profile.country.pl_PL.title
Ergo5218
Explorer

I will never buy a tablet form Sony. One with poore wi-fi is too more for me.